robert

16 cam. split on 4 screens - how?

Customer wants 16 Arecont Vision cameras on 4 screens for live view.

How to do that? What software/hardware?

Try NovoSun CyeWeb, it supports channel grouping. You can setup 4 groups, with each group to connect to 4 cameras and attach to a dedicated monitor.

Yup, two video cards with dual-outputs will give you the ability for four monitors. (I use the same setup on my PC with three monitors). I'm a GeForce person myself and picked up some cheap cards from Tigerdirect.com.

I believe Milestone software will also work for multiple monitors. You can have the video feeds going through their smart software or a browser. You then just have multiple browsers running.

I'm not sure if you're trying to stream 16 Arecont megapixel cameras onto a display monitor.

If you are, then you might want to take these factors into consideration as well:

1. the total amount of bandwidth coming into the display PC

2. the pc specifications - the higher the better, since you're gonna run two dual monitor display card

3. how many other recepients will be displaying the same similar 16 channels

I understand a 1.3MP camera at 20fps in MJPEG can consume up to 45Mbps per camera. [/b]

We do this regularly as well, using Camacc's "HD Viewer" software and a PC with two or more video cards. Most cards these days, even the cheap ones, are dual-head, with one DVI and one VGA output. We typically use DVI-VGA adapters as necessary and run VGA over Cat-5e using VGA baluns.

Keep in mind that you'll probably want (or need, depending on the software) to dedicate one head to your "back-office" monitor, the one that shows your standard desktop and allows you to configure the other outputs. Also remember that even if the motherboard in this machine has on-board video, most will also disable that onboard chip if you plug in another video card... so if you want four separate displays, you'll probably (again, depending on the software) need a total of FIVE video heads, including one for the desktop. That means three cards total.

Where it gets tricky is that PCI video cards are hard to come by... dual-PCIe motherboards are common and putting in two PCIe video cards works great, but it gets a little more involved if you want or need three cards. You then either need a board with three PCIe slots (preferable), or you need to find at least one PCI video card.

But anyway... yes, it can be done, and quite easily, with a variety of different software.

I know that many CCTV capture equipment hasn't moved to PCI Express, but I would seriously consider that you use a modern computer with PCI Express card slots for your video selection. PCI bus shares a limited amount of bandwidth. PCI Express not only increases that bandwidth, but each slot had dedicated bandwidth also. You can find computers that have both PCI Express and PCI, and this will help you in the event that you have PCI cards also because you displays won't be battling you other devices for time to "talk".

Besides, you will most likely get a more modern, powerful, and efficient videocard in the process.

It would be great to see capture cards using PCIe, especially cards with onboard hardware encoding... would take a huge load off the rest of the system!

I'm not sure if you're trying to stream 16 Arecont megapixel cameras onto a display monitor.

If you are, then you might want to take these factors into consideration as well:

1. the total amount of bandwidth coming into the display PC

2. the pc specifications - the higher the better, since you're gonna run two dual monitor display card

3. how many other recepients will be displaying the same similar 16 channels

I understand a 1.3MP camera at 20fps in MJPEG can consume up to 45Mbps per camera. [/b]

There will be just one screen, for CCTV operator. I`m interested how to solve this with Luxriot or Arecont software as these two I`m selling to customers.

Is there recording/viewing software in use?

Maybe this is not an option but I have several customers doing exactly what you've decribed. We've accomplished this with the use of ONSSI software running on one PC, but in four separate applications.

In short, we open four instances of the same application, create views that encompass the four cams we want in each quad, then drag each quad view application to it's own monitor. We use four monitors running off of two dual channel video cards.

Not cheap, but works great!

something like this?

[google search "Matrox QID QUAD Head"]

can't post link or pic because of low post count....

Found it. Looks that this could be a solution. Thanks.

hi, there is a dvr card called HIKVISION, it is a Hybird dvr, and you can connect a hikvision matrix card, your will get 4ch output from the matrix card, and from the software you can decide which camera channels to display on the outputs of the matrix card.

on the matrix card you can set for rotation or single, quad view,6,9,16,24,33. its your choice

regrds

Mohamed

Hi!

What software to use with "Customer wants 16 Arecont Vision cameras on 4 screens for live view" ?

I havent seen any HikVision based software supporting Arecont!

JD

hi, there is a dvr card called HIKVISION, it is a Hybird dvr, and you can connect a hikvision matrix card, your will get 4ch output from the matrix card, and from the software you can decide which camera channels to display on the outputs of the matrix card.

on the matrix card you can set for rotation or single, quad view,6,9,16,24,33. its your choice

regrds

Mohamed

hi, hikvision is a complete new dvr card, and comes with software, you can purchace a 16ch dvr card,the top of the range which retails for about R13000, and a matrix card is between R2500 and 3000. you can connect your current cameras to this system. i can arrange the dvr card and matrix card for you , if you need it.

regards

Mohamed

What software to use with "Customer wants 16 Arecont Vision cameras on 4 screens for live view" ?

JD

regrds

Mohamed

Hi!

JD

regrds

Mohamed

Here is what I know

1. Hik card with soft will support only Hik ip cams

2. Nuuo using their card will support lots of other ip cam

also i think that hikvision matrix card will not display ip cam only analog

Hi!

1.Yes the HikVision cards supports the IP Module/IP camera/IP Megapix cameras from HikVIsion.

2. Some software companies also offers other brands like Sony, Axis etc.

3. The video output on the Matrix card is analogue D1 or 4CIF resolution and not IP based!

JD

Hi!

JD

regrds

Mohamed

Here is what I know

1. Hik card with soft will support only Hik ip cams

2. Nuuo using their card will support lots of other ip cam

also i think that hikvision matrix card will not display ip cam only analog

hi, hikvision is a complete new dvr card, and comes with software, you can purchace a 16ch dvr card,the top of the range which retails for about R13000, and a matrix card is between R2500 and 3000. you can connect your current cameras to this system. i can arrange the dvr card and matrix card for you , if you need it.

regards

Mohamed

JD

regrds

Mohamed

NovoSun CyeWeb supports Hik cards and at the same time many other IP cams including Arecont Vision. There are also some other software can do the same.

HiK MD card can decode Hik data (from Hik's card, DVS or IP cam) only and supports resolution at most 4CIF.