pochrist

Trougble getting webview setup

I found a thread that clear up some problems but the problen I have is when ever I press the "Network" button I get "Starting network service failed" Please make sure no other application is accesing it" (or some thing similar. Is this the resullt of a bad install or did I not install a module or something... Thanks

Dear customer,

Please make sure the webcam port/remote console port or Remote desktop port is not occupied by other software, ie. Skype or MSN.

also some antivirus software might take over port 80 privillege.

You can try change webcam port to other ports and using http://IP:port to access your dvr.

The camera are not Webcams, I don't use Skype or the like , this is a dedicated CCTV system. The port being open or closed shouldn't inhibit the Network Service from loading... What specific Service is to be loaded?

This really shouldn't be a blocked port issue, I opened 5000-5555 on my router. Prior to this I had a DVR card that was setup with the ability to view my camera via the Web, so i know the system can, but i do need to know why and what specfic service is not loading to verify if its an installtion error or something else. Thanks

Hi pochrist,

When system prompt the message means either webcam port 80, remote console port 5550 are somehow unable to be set as port for webcam access usage.

You can find a little tool named active ports and install to the CCTV PC.

You can use it to check which application occupied port 80 or port 5550.

Please be noted that webcam,remote console, remote desktop ports number I have provided is default value, you can change to any other port you wish to use.

Thanks.

The camera are not Webcams, I don't use Skype or the like , this is a dedicated CCTV system. The port being open or closed shouldn't inhibit the Network Service from loading... What specific Service is to be loaded?

This really shouldn't be a blocked port issue, I opened 5000-5555 on my router. Prior to this I had a DVR card that was setup with the ability to view my camera via the Web, so i know the system can, but i do need to know why and what specfic service is not loading to verify if its an installtion error or something else. Thanks

Thanks I fixed the problem. by removeing and reintalling the application, after the default settings were restored I was able to get the webview portion to work.

I have the NV6480 Express (have had it since last Feb.) and I've *never* been able to get the network portion to work. Pushing the Network button causes the error:

"Starting Network Service Failed ! ! !"

I tried following the advice I read here to ensure the ports aren't already in use, etc. This is a dedicated DVR PC and has little installed on it. I tried re-installing (multiple times), tried the newest software update NV7.3.0.0043d and the behavior is the same.

The PC in question has no trouble accessing the web, I can remote desktop to it, etc. so I'm certain it's got a functional network connection. I've tried opening up the entire port range on my router. One thing I found out is that the port '5555' is open and accessible. Port '5550' is not open (blocked by my ISP?) and my attempts to find a suitable substitute haven't been successful. I could use a recommendation for this (assuming this is related to my problem). I wouldn't expect this to affect things when trying to access the DVR over my LAN nor would I expect this to cause an issue for the server when starting up the Network Service.

I could ramble on and on (*very* frustrated)

Thanks!

Joel

It looks like the error you're seeing is from the DVR program telling you that your ports are not available in your PC. I don't believe this has anything to do with your router. Looks more like a Windows OS problem or some other application is using or blocking the required ports inside your PC.

I would reinstall Windows and then install only the DVR software, no other apps, and see if your server works.

I'm running the NV5000 card with the latest DVR Avermedia software and it does seem rather picky about what other apps are running. I did not have any problems with the server, but my PC kept rebooting until I wiped it and reinstalled Windows, making this into a dedicated DVR machine with no other apps running. Now it runs all day, every day, flawlessly.[/b]

That is happening because there is another application that is using port 80 already or your firewall software may not allow you to use it. Your ISP or your router does not have anything to do with that error message. First thing you should try is changing your remote view port number from 80 to something else like 85 or so.

I have the NV6480 Express (have had it since last Feb.) and I've *never* been able to get the network portion to work. Pushing the Network button causes the error:

"Starting Network Service Failed ! ! !"

I tried following the advice I read here to ensure the ports aren't already in use, etc. This is a dedicated DVR PC and has little installed on it. I tried re-installing (multiple times), tried the newest software update NV7.3.0.0043d and the behavior is the same.

The PC in question has no trouble accessing the web, I can remote desktop to it, etc. so I'm certain it's got a functional network connection. I've tried opening up the entire port range on my router. One thing I found out is that the port '5555' is open and accessible. Port '5550' is not open (blocked by my ISP?) and my attempts to find a suitable substitute haven't been successful. I could use a recommendation for this (assuming this is related to my problem). I wouldn't expect this to affect things when trying to access the DVR over my LAN nor would I expect this to cause an issue for the server when starting up the Network Service.

I could ramble on and on (*very* frustrated)

Thanks!

Joel

if your running XP Pro or any other IIS type program, uninstall IIS........IIS uses port 80 and Aver see's it!