strokey

Best Phone to view cameras

Hi everyone....I have a quick question, which phone is the best to view cameras at home on. I have At&T service, but I want to be able to log into my cameras at home and view them on my phones internet service.

Hi everyone....I have a quick question, which phone is the best to view cameras at home on. I have At&T service, but I want to be able to log into my cameras at home and view them on my phones internet service.

get phone with at least Symbian Series60 (V3) OS on it. And of course - as bigger the screen, the better view will be.

what cameras are you using?

I would have to say the iphone would be the best

Probably an Axis, as they have built in web server.

Oh yes, iPhone must be the best

The Iphone wont view it. Is there a setting that I need to change. it will go to "web DVR" when you enter site key and password, it does nothing.

I have used a iphone to view and control Axis PTZ cameras. I was using the LAN connection not cell.

Blackberry and Nokia will not work i have tried them and I don't if Windows mobile will work.

Really depends on the DVR. Last time I tried to set someone up to view a VideoInsight DVR, there was nothing we could do that would make it work on his MotoQ (at least not with the default browser), while it worked perfectly on my Treo using the Blazer browser. I've also had varying success using IE Mobile, MiniMo, and Opera on my Windows Mobile 6 phone - different browsers handle it very differently.

Thanks guys, I am just perplexed because I have tried every phone and I can't get it to work. If the phone has IE I think it would work, but I guess it's a little more complicated than that.

Well, if you have a Windows Mobile phone, you can try several different browsers - a free version of Opera 8.65 (what I mainly use), a beta version of Opera 9, MiniMo (a Mozilla port), and a Java-based version of Opera Mini, are all on my phone, and as noted, different ones work better for different things.

If you're using a non-PDA-type phone with a simple WAP browser, though, you're on your own