froggy

Need a recommendation on home security and 60' range camera

Sorry to do this, but I have no clue what I should look for. My dad mentioned a night vision security camera kit would be cool, so we want to get him one for X-mas, but my mom and I always go to him for tech. and gadget info- so there is my dilemma. I know nothing of these, but am hoping to find something that can do this (preferably a kit for the do-it-yourselfer):

*A kit with 1-2 cameras, receiver, and all needed equipment for set-up

*Night/Day vision

*Indoor and Outdoor

*Decent range (either the camera from the receiver or the camera to the object it is looking at= 60-75 ft. min. range)- it's for their driveway (it's long!) and garage

*Around $150 (is that possible?)

I don't know what brands are trustworthy/good quality/etc. I don't even know where to start. If anyone can just give me a gentle push in the right direction (link, site, company to check out, etc.), it would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks.

Mom was looking at one from Mambate USA Inc.- on Ebay it's item #310104818024 If you take a look could you tell me is this any good?? (won't let me post website's yet- sorry!)

Claire

Sorry to do this, but I have no clue what I should look for. My dad mentioned a night vision security camera kit would be cool, so we want to get him one for X-mas, but my mom and I always go to him for tech. and gadget info- so there is my dilemma. I know nothing of these, but am hoping to find something that can do this (preferably a kit for the do-it-yourselfer):

*A kit with 1-2 cameras, receiver, and all needed equipment for set-up

*Night/Day vision

*Indoor and Outdoor

*Decent range (either the camera from the receiver or the camera to the object it is looking at= 60-75 ft. min. range)- it's for their driveway (it's long!) and garage

*Around $150 (is that possible?)

I don't know what brands are trustworthy/good quality/etc. I don't even know where to start. If anyone can just give me a gentle push in the right direction (link, site, company to check out, etc.), it would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks.

Mom was looking at one from Mambate USA Inc.- on Ebay it's item #310104818024 If you take a look could you tell me is this any good?? (won't let me post website's yet- sorry!)

Claire

Hi, I'm new here and also new in the industry as a sales. However, I'd like to share some of my knowledge.

1. the ebay item you are looking at is a wireless system. It has limited range and it may lose singal if you have another wireless receiver with the same Frequency near by. Also, The camreas doesn't look will last long for outdoor use.

2. The wholesale price for a basic system with 4 in/out door cameras will run about $650 (i'm in Canada). That includes: one 4 channel DVR, one 320GB HDD, 4 cameras, cables, power adaptor,brackets.

You just need a TV or LCD fro viewing.

With that system, you can record. playback and USB back up.

Hope this helps a bit

Steven

thank you for the information! we decided not to go with the one on ebay, for a few reasons- it didn't have many specifics to go on, can't return or exchange it, etc. we found one on the Home Depot website that was made by Lenox and seemed to fit the bill. Hopefully it will work out, and this way we can return/exchange it if Dad needs something more. Thanks for your help and information, again!

C

Ebay is full of CCTV sellers, the majority of which are just "middlemen", not owners of warehouses. While there are a few large companies selling great DVR's and Cameras, they are hard to "filter out" from the rest. My recommendation for a Residential Setup would be to find an Avermedia DVR, either EB1504, EB1304, or 1704. Best residential cameras,( IR Bullets) for the cost, I have found, come from USAGINC. You need to search for the company on the web. The tricky part for you will be the wiring and programming. Just take your time on the programming part. Good Luck !!