aoshifiber

Newbie's Hello from China -- fiber, tomorrow's copper

Hello everyone, this is Allan from China, I just joined a company about security products, and find this forum is very interest, hope to improve my professional knowledge about CCTV surveillance here.

my manufacturer is very professional about firber optical transmitter/receivers while i was just a newbie for not more than one months.

i joined this field coz i think fiber means tomorrow's copper~

Welcome welcome.

Who would of ever thought melting sand could make wire.

An interesting theory about it overtaking copper. But what if wireless technology overtakes copper before fiber?

Cheers,

I would consider satalite a 'wireless' transfer medium.

That said... seeing as you are in India, how do you think your post made it to a server in the US? Wireless Satalite.

I don't think fiber will go away, anymore than copper will. But advances in wireless may shock us all in the coming years. Consumer demand in household networks will drive technology to advance and prices to decrease. Once the technology is available we will be installing completely wireless camera systems in homes and businesses. Home automation will be a 1 day install with wireless controls for lighting and appliances.

It's not if, it's when. Wireless is the way of the future.

well.... i think in the future, maybe wireless transmission will be the main method, everyone know this is the truth, but now for CCTV surveillance, network transmission maybe more popular, and if you need real time surveillance and high quality video picture, maybe fiber optic transmission is the better way.

Fiber is cool. Cable companies are going all fiber instead of copper. I've never installed it, but I saw a demo once. The speed of transmission is unlimited. It's only limted by the speed of the transmitter/receiver. So when a new model of transmitter comes out, it's just a matter of swapping that one unit, rather than putting down miles and miles of the latest coax.

But satilite has many of the bonuses. Michigan lottery just put in an all satilite network. Look on the roof of most any brand gas station, you will see satalites (for credit card processing).

It's a fun and exciting time to be alive for us technophiles.

coz this is CCTVforum, so for the CCTV video surveillance, fiber is real time, uncompressed transmission, at least in China, some of the high requirement surveillance environment, fiber transmission is the only choice