theodotcom

PCI DVR card and IP cameras question

Can anyone advise me on the following.

I'm going to install a PCI DVR card in a computer, A 4 channel card would be fine.

The question I have is that I want the cameras to be accessed by cable as well as IP. I am planning to use cat 5 with cctv baluns.

the reason been is I want all the DVR functionality however I also want to be able to access the cameras from windows media center. The plugin mcenetcam allows you to view cctv cameras but it must be done via ip.

Can the dvr software assign ip's to individual cameras so I can then access them in media center.

Any advice appreciated. thanks

Can anyone advise me on the following.

I'm going to install a PCI DVR card in a computer, A 4 channel card would be fine.

The question I have is that I want the cameras to be accessed by cable as well as IP. I am planning to use cat 5 with cctv baluns.

the reason been is I want all the DVR functionality however I also want to be able to access the cameras from windows media center. The plugin mcenetcam allows you to view cctv cameras but it must be done via ip.

Can the dvr software assign ip's to individual cameras so I can then access them in media center.

Any advice appreciated. thanks

What software are you planning to use?

for the Dvr was planning on using be software that comes with it. For media center was going to use mcontrol of mcenetcam but they both only allow ip cameras. Is there any other software that would benefit me. Is the standard Dvr software ok to use?