starchild421

can anyone help ???

Hi Peeps,

i have just joined and i am hoping you can help with my problem

we have an 8 camera avc 785 installed at our business premises.

On monday we had a attempted robbery during which 2 idiots burst in carrying a machete and a baseball bat fourtanately no one was hurt and the whole only lasted about 50 seconds.

The whole inccident was caught on the system and i have burnt copies off for the police to look at.

The only problem i have is that there doesn't appear to be any audio on the cd. ALthough when we playback off the dvr the 2 idiots can quite clearly be heard shouting "give us the f.cking money" etc

I have been through the manual but it does not make it clear how you do an audio back up as well.

Any help would be welcome as i need to give the police a copy with the audio on as well

Thanks

Mark

I cannot help you much as most of my customer do not order the CD / DVD writer options.

You could try using the Video Server E and search for the video sequence, and then press the film strip icon in the top row of icons, and record the video too your desk top, and then burn this to a disk on your computer, and then put the video server E "video viewer" that is in program files. In the Video Server E folder you will see a film strip with the name video viewer. Put that on the disc as well.

This video can only be played on a computer using the video viewer software from video server e.

Another option is to put a VCR in line from the DVR's monitor out, and the input to your TV yellow connector (composite video).

Cachcreek has another option where he records the monitor out with a device

One big reason I purchased a USB Hardware Encoder. Mine fits in the palm of my hand, and can take the video/audio output from DVR, VCR, etc. and encode it onto my PC/Laptop hard drive. A lot easier sometimes. In fact, when I set my Hardware Encoder to 640X480, I actually think the video looks better than the original , written from the DVR. Just a thought. I use mine all the time, as I have customers, very stubborn, who will not change out their old Time-lapse VCR's, yet want video from them, in order to display on a PC. Go to either Tigerdirect.com or Newegg.com, ( or any other) and check them out for yourself.

Forgot to mention that if go to Youtube , and search for "Plextor Personal video Recorder Convertx" , you can find information on this Encoder. A big help to me anyway. Especially when there is no source of CD/DVD backup, or when I am trying to capture video from an ancient VHS recorder.

Good Luck.

Hey Scorpion,

I do this all the time. One big reason I love my Plextor Encoder. It is even my TV program video recorder. One model has a built-in TV tuner. "Output " from DVR, VCR, etc. etc. into the Plextor Encoder ( or whatever make/model you buy , I just use Plextor), output to your Hard Drive in whatever format (including audio) you choose. If it is to review on a PC, I then take the digitized video file and change it to WMV 9, using another software program, which will playback using Windows Media Player, a common program with all PC's. My PC or laptop then writes whatever file I need to a CD or DVD, and sometimes a FlashDrive , but usually just a CD, as I can get 30 minutes of WMV/WMA on a blank CD. Pretty good video for playback. Video and Audio are always "synched" perfect. I actually found this out by accident, as I had "digitized" all my Home Movies, in order to put them on CD/DVD, then decided one day to try to capture from my home Avermedias. Worked great. I can't get WMV format to write to a DVD, but I can get 30 to 45 minutes on a CDR . I tried using both ways, using the Avermedia software video capture program on my laptop, and then the Plextor , straight out of the DVR. Hardware Encoder capture looks the best.

OOOOPs!!!

cachecreekcctv, I did not know you were lurking around!!!

I am glad I was talking nice about you! Whew!!

Hey, I wasn't "lurking". I got up early to go to work (4AM), and just checking the "forum" here. I was just "checking in" , so to speak. I do have a "real" job, that pays me in "real $$", and allows me to work with robotics, machinery, high voltage, and all sorts of "manly" things. You know, a normal job that actually PAYS ME to go on vacation 4 or 5 weeks a year. And actually PAYS my doctors/dentists bills when I need them to. Much unlike my CCTV installs , where I have to explain to Joe Homeowner why he should spend $2000 to keep an eye on his $50,000 Escalade, and his $400, 000 home. Back to the subject on hand, when I do a "video capture" and "re-codec" for the local cops, I just make "friends", as I don't ask, nor do I expect , them to be able to compensate me for my time. I make it up in other ways. When I do it for a store owner, I do ask for compensation for my time, or otherwise it doesn't happen again. I have just been able to find the right software, hardware , etc. to make videos pretty easy. And to put them in a Codec which is compatible with what most of the needs are. Capturing video is pretty easy, it is just the ability to either write, or copy this video to another format that is complicated, sometimes. I try a lot of different codecs often, with both video and audio, to see what the end result is. Trial and Error I think it is called.

I was told by a good friend, a few days ago, that his Plextor Encoder does not work with his new PC, on which he is running Windows Vista. I am running XP pro on my PC, and on laptop. I need to look into this further, as I just bought both my daughters new laptops for Christmas, and both have Vista Premium installed. Will check it out after the 25th.