theodotcom

Is this possible IP Camera with Baluns quetion?

Hi

From what i've read it seems that ip cameras have a connection to an RJ45, If this is the case, if i was to use a network cable and have the RJ45 connected at one end, and on the other connect a CCTV Balun with a BNC on

would I then be able to connect an ip camera to a DVR (on a pc) and if thats possible would I still be able to use the IP functionality of the camera?

Thanks for your help.

no.a IP camera is just another network device. you connect it into the network, usually via a POE midspan injector that provides the device power, and then connect/program via a Browser.

IP POE standard is 208.11af...if my memory serves me right so keep in mind that if it is IP it may not be POE standard...........IP devices can come in different power scemes............and yes you can blow a device up if you "just check to see if it works" without provong it first............

no.a IP camera is just another network device. you connect it into the network, usually via a POE midspan injector that provides the device power, and then connect/program via a Browser.

IP POE standard is 208.11af...if my memory serves me right so keep in mind that if it is IP it may not be POE standard...........IP devices can come in different power scemes............and yes you can blow a device up if you "just check to see if it works" without provong it first............

802.3af.