Hello. I recently purchased a DVR PCI Card to use with my Cameras. I got everything hooked up right (I think); my computer IS detecting the device as shown in the device manager. The software that came with the PCI Card is junk, It talks about how to install it on Windows 95 and 98 and I have XP. I downloaded some other software, but when I go to set it up under device, it doesnt show the correct device used for the camera. Someone please help me in finding some software or telling me that im doing wrong!

Thanks so much!

Hello. I recently purchased a DVR PCI Card to use with my Cameras. I got everything hooked up right (I think); my computer IS detecting the device as shown in the device manager. The software that came with the PCI Card is junk, It talks about how to install it on Windows 95 and 98 and I have XP. I downloaded some other software, but when I go to set it up under device, it doesnt show the correct device used for the camera. Someone please help me in finding some software or telling me that im doing wrong!

Thanks so much!

The software is almost always tied to the capture card. You won't have much luck trying to mix and match.

First thing you need to do is list what brand and model card you're trying to use so that someone might be able to help you.

Most DVR cards work with the software that was provided with it, there really isn't any need to check device manager as long as you follow the directions that it came with unless it didn't, in that case I will simply send it back.

Some cards require the installation of the software first before physically installing the card.

Thanks for the replies. I did some searching on google and found some extra drivers for that PCI DVR card and some programs can now see the Card and to view the camera. I am currently running LuxRiot software as a demo, but that program isnt really working correctly. I want a program that when it detects motion, it will automatically starting recording and I can play it back. Also, I was capabilities of viewing the camera "remotely", but for one camera/one license, it costs $99.99 for LuxRiot. I also left the recorder on from 5pm to 10pm today, and it only recorded about 2 minutes of video, and most of it didnt even record! Was wondering if you could point me to some places with software that I can try with a demo and cheaply priced.