Hey! It's been a while since I've been here.

I need to install an outdoor box camera housing where there is an EMT chase from the inside of the building to the outside. I know I've seen installs where they do this and have some liquidtight flex from the end of the EMT outside of the building, to the camera housing.

My question is what size of liquidtight fittings do you use on the bottom of the camera housing? I think I just pick the fitting that fits the actual liquidtight flex (3/8" is what I am thnking) and roll from there. Is that correct?

I normally use mainly 1/2" LT Straight fittings. You need to check local code on the 3/8", as it often can only be used in certain applications. Lot easier to get cabling through a 1/2" Liquid Tight fitting and EMT.

Cool thanks!

As for running through the wall itself, am I on the right track? I think it'd be appropriate to install a wire chase instead of just drilling a hole to accomodate the wire into the outdoor weatherproof box. Am I correct in that thinking?

You could run a conduit into the building, but what for? Just drill a hole, mount the box, and seal around it with caulk.

Well thats my question. It seems more professional to me to put in a chase rather than just drill a hole.

A lot easier to pull if it is in conduit. When using EMT, I always use the "raintight" fittings anyway. A BNC connector won't go through a 1/2" LT 90degree fitting, but will go through a Straight fitting. Just make the Liquid Tight flex go into the bottom of the housing. I know it works on the Pelco-Style of housings.