Zyrius

desert extreme conditions eclosure

Hi every one,

I am new in the CCTV field and have a lot to learn.

I have to choose a camera enclosure for desert conditions (extreme temperature 45° C in the shadow and more under sun light, frequent sand storms).

I naturally think to use a seled enclosure to avoid sand to enter because of frequent sand storms.

how can we evacuate heat if the enclosure is sealed (a fan will be useless).

Thank you in advance for your help.

Zyrius

Hi Zyrius,

This is one of the best sites on the Internet to learn about CCTV - there some smart experienced people here on the forum.

For your application, consider Mobotix IP cameras. They have no moving parts and consume only 3 watts of power which eliminates the need for a fan. They are IP65 rated and are fine up to 60°C.

--

Marc

Go to WWW.Vortec.com and look up their enclosure cooling systems, using only compressed air. I use them often. Need only a reliable compressed , filtered, air supply. This system also keeps a Positive Air Pressure on any housing/enclosure to keep out unwanted dust, etc.

Hi Zyrius,

cooled system for sealed housings works with compressed air (Vortex tube) or water/liquid.

I suggest an IP67 alluminium or stainless steel camera housing with sunshield.

This solution does not require compressed air or water.

Sunshield creates an air gap around the housing that remove the heat from sun radiation.

Aluminum or stainless steel are good thermal conductor.

Sometimes the fan is useful because it makes uniform the temperature even inside an IP67 housing.