rudijanto69

Remote Viewing with Blackberry

I have not had too much success with some of the phones that I have tried, but here is a list from this site:

http://support.apexcctv.com/Downloads.aspx

AVerMedia Cell Phone Compatibility List

AVerMedia does not currently have a definitive, tested list of supported cell phones. They have, however, given us the following information.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If a user has any PDA or smartphone that uses Windows Mobile 6.1 or above, they should be able to view our Remote Viewer software.

Here are some phones that we have in house that [have] worked with our Remote Viewer Software:

Blackberry Storm

Blackberry Pearl

Sprint Touch Diamond

Sprint HTC Touch

Got it working for my Blackberry Storm with the latest software... but the latest version is very unstable.. so back to what came on the CD.

I managed to get it working for Java Viewer under Blackberry, anybody having difficulties, please let me know.

What version of the avermedia software are you running?

it does not matter the software version, please install the java viewer on your Blackberry and change the APN of your Blackberry into your provider's GPRS APN.

Thanks....

Can you tell me the step of installation?

Also I have some people asking me about iphone

to set up to view your avermedia on any phone or pda you dont need to load any software. if you are using a smartphone i.e nokia you cant use 80 as port forwarding as smart phones cant see this port. the only phone on the market that you cant use for the avermedia is the iphone you can get still photos but not video. if people are still having problems getting your avermedia on there phone i.e smart phone black burry. nokia .moto. pda. then please let me know and i will post instructions on here

to set up to view your avermedia on any phone or pda you dont need to load any software. if you are using a smartphone i.e nokia you cant use 80 as port forwarding as smart phones cant see this port. the only phone on the market that you cant use for the avermedia is the iphone you can get still photos but not video. if people are still having problems getting your avermedia on there phone i.e smart phone black burry. nokia .moto. pda. then please let me know and i will post instructions on here

if you can please post instructions.. that would be great.. as its a big selling point for customers!

Last week while trying to setup a client's crack berry (T-Mobile), it kept getting a "connection failed" even though all the IP/ port settings were good. I eventually figured out that under Options/ Advanced/ TCP needed to be set. For the crack berry Ver. 4.2 and lower it was wap.voicestream.com and for Ver 4.5 and above, epc.t-mobile.com.

Working now. Slow and unstable, but it works. I'm assuming this "TCP"

setting will change depending on whoever your service provider is.

I was able to get the AverMedia Java Viewer to install on my Blackberry 8900. I was trying to install from an EB3004Net SATA+. The trick was to download the JAVA-Viewer.jar (located at the box's install link http://DVRIPaddress:5550/JAVA-Viewer.html) to a computer first, then email it to yourself. Once it shows up on your blackberry, click the attachment and choose open. It will then prompt you to install. I was able to install correctly using this method.

Previously i was running into a Error 907 invalid JAR (something about missing trailing bytes; whatever that means) when trying to install using the blackberry browser.

I will note that it does work, but the resolution video feed doesn't scale to fit modern blackberry resolutions...on my 8900, it was approx 1/9th of the screen (guessing approx 160x120px), so you need a magnifying glass to see it...but better than nothing! I did speak with an AverMedia support tech who stated that they are expecting to release an updated Java Viewer this summer 2010.

Bottom line, install it by email and you should be good to go.

Anyone get this working with a BB Curve? I was able to connect to the url and get the .jar installed but cannot connect using the java viewer.

FYI: According to CCTVMegaStore; iLink Professionals has submited the non branded version of iPhone app to Apple and it will be called NDVR iViewer or iDSSViewer. It's expected it to be up by end of April 2010.

My brother also just got a BB Curve 8530... anyone have any luck with this? And the blackberry app that is out only says it supports the blackberry storm.

There is a new AVerMedia Security DVR blackberry viewer out that is compatible with later versions of BB OS...it's now called iBBviewer, and is installed through the Desktop Manager Application Loader. you can download the app files on the http://www.averusa.com/surveillance/download.aspx page.

If you don't see it for your product, look under one of the current NV products or use these links:

http://www.averusa.com/surveillance/download/Tools/iBBviewer/iBBViewe-SOP.pdf

http://www.averusa.com/surveillance/download/Tools/iBBviewer/iBBviewer.zip

I got it running on my Blackberry 8900 with OS 5.0. They even fixed the image size bug, now fills about 75% of the screen width vs 33%.

HELP!

After finding this post I thought my months of sleepless nights trying to access my DVR across the internet via my BB Curve 8520 had been answered.

I have successfully installed the iBBViewer and when selected I get a "Black Screen" with 'iBBViewer' displayed.

When I select connect I get the Network Setting Screen Displayed requesting the following:

DVR IP:

PORT:

User ID:

Password:

1. Is the DVR IP the external IP Address, as per my DNS Server?

2. Is the Port the Post that I have configured within my Video Server E Software?

3. Is the Username and Password the same as I have set up within my Video Server E S/W?

Currently when I enter the details I believe are correct, it returns 'Connection Failed'.

Phone Make: Blackberry

Model: Curve 8520

BB Provider: Virgin Media (UK) Pay Monthly

P.S.

I am able to access by DVR via DNS via my desktop and other P.C.'s (Across the Internet).

I look forward to your reponses.

Thanks in advance

IP is the normal IP

port is 5550 (unless you changed it)

login and pass is the same

let me know if this helps

also on the DVR make sure under the network settings... handyviewer should be checked and on the biggest setting

and the port 5550 is default port and it's located under in Network | Main Configuration.. you'll see an ip address then under the IP is this port. (this port also has to be forwarded the same way port 80 does at your router at the location of the dvr.

webviewer port for your laptop is usually port 80. and thats under a different section in network.

Thanks destro

I have made a step further and now I get "Failed : Timed out" When I login, as opposed to "URL not found on the Server".

I used the DNS IP Address as configured in Video Server E and not the on assigned by the DNS Server.

My Port had been changed and I used that accordingly.

I have tried with a username and password configured within Video Server E and also 'admin' and the password that I had changed it to.

Under N/W settings on the DVT I could not find the setting 'handyviewer' either on the DVR Menu, nor the Video Server E Config.

Hopefully I can get it up and running.

Any further ideas?

Thanks