citroen999

i need a system that i can monitor from home

i need a system that i can monitor my car pitch from home at night..

its been atatcked 4 times this week and i as i have only been opened for a month i dont have much to spend.

they are throwing bricks from outside my fence onto my cars.

i have heard of systems that can be monitored from a laptop at home and recieve mobile phone texts to say there is an intruder, also i would want an audible deterent, like a recorded message saying police have been informed and are on the way etc.

can anyone direct me in the right direction of what system i need, the bricks are coning from upto 20m away.

i am in sheffield UK

thanks

Many modern DVRs and camera servers have a network port, which will allow some sort of network monitoring. You simply need the client software and to forward the appropriate ports through your border router (you ARE using a router, aren't you?).

Some use active-X controls, some use Java, and some require their own software (some can do it multiple ways).

Be more specific... what are you trying to do?

i need a camera set up that i can monitor when i get home from a laptop. I need it to alert me via my laptop/phone so i can login and watch and record what happens and mybe contact the police from home.

the culprits are not entering my premises, they are throwing bricks from across the street. So i need to be able to record them in the act, after doing a quick reccy of the area i think they are throwing from around 25m away.

does that make sense? i not too clued up on cctv, just looking for advice and help.

i have heard of systems that can be monitored from a laptop at home and recieve mobile phone texts to say there is an intruder, also i would want an audible deterent, like a recorded message saying police have been informed and are on the way etc.

can anyone direct me in the right direction of what system i need, the bricks are coning from upto 20m away.

i am in sheffield UK

thanks

Mobotix cameras fit the bill. Upon motion detection (PiR or multiple video motion zones), the camera can record (audio and video), send you an email (or VoIP you) and play a sound file of your choice through the camera speaker. If you're online, you could converse with the buggers in real time.

How wide is the area that is 20m away? This will help you select the best lens.

--

Marc

We look after a large chain of car dealerships across the UK and would be happy to look at your site and make suggestions.

We are a Mobotix Advanced Partner, and a premier integrator of Panasonic.

Please feel free to get in touch.

Regards

Carl