Randy

Philips/Bosch Biphase

Has anyone used another manufactures keyboard or DVR to control a Philips/Bosch autodome? I can set my DVR to Bosch to control an autodome but the DVR doesn't have biphase output. Only serial and RS-422.

The autodome will take RS232 but the length between the PTZ and the DVR is over 100'.

I'm trying to figure out if "biphase" is a complete a separate protocall or does RS-485 work with it?

Thanks for your reply!

Can I connect the RS232 to RS422 converter via twisted/shielded directly to the biphase input of the Bosch autodome?

RS422 work with philips biphase, but it is not the same.

You can buy LTC 8786 RS232- Bi-phase converter from Philips/Bosh.

Inside Philips/Bosh (LTC 0809...) cameras is RS 232 connector too, is possible standard communication (with PC system) true RS 232, or I need BiPhase converter too?

The problem is that Biphase isn't exactly RS422, its close, but not exactly there. I had a site where we needed to push Biphase across a wireless link. We used a code converter from Sennetech to convert the Biphase from the matrix to 232. You just need to do the same thing, but backwards.

Here is the company, and the single camera converters.

www sennetech net/SCT100.htm

Their support is great, and if you need something they don't have, they will make one for you. We have used them several times with great success.

Sorry about the spacing in the link, the system thinks I am a spammer.

Biphase is a form of RS-422. It is 422, but proprietary to bosch.

You probaly want to get a LTC 5136 kit .....comes with the keyboard a LTC8786. Taking 232 to Biphase. which you can run 5000ft.

THe LTC 8786 has a DB9 connector and rj11. the rj11 is used by the keyboard. the dvr would use the DB9.

FYI - Bosch VG4 autodomes also support Pelco P and D protocol. So if your DVR outputs either of them, you can use it.

They also support RS-232 too. Make sure its OSRD.