Wondering if others would find it to be of value to add Nuuo as a sub-forum. Nuuo seems to be getting rather popular and finding a good source for support is not as easy as coming to this forum

I'd like to recommend adding Nuuo along side GV and Avermedia. Not sure if that is possible but I thought I'd throw my 2c in here.

There is some mention of Nuuo scattered around in here but not centralized anyplace.

That will be very cool! Since NUUO software has gained more and more popularity, users can know more about NUUO software through a subforum here. And our tech support team can answers questions more quickly.

If you have any questions about NUUO software, please also visit our tech support wiki: support [dot] nuuo [dot] com

You can also email us for answers to your questions

E-mail: service [at] nuuo [dot] com

Or add me to your IMs.

Windows Live: yclin_nuuo [at] hotmail [dot] com

Google Talk: yclin [at] nuuo [dot] com

I actually have a NUUO question:

I'm currently using a Dedicated Micros DVR, and am thinking of switching over to a PC-based system. I've looked at a number of different vendors, but I cannot understand NUUO's licensing system.

If I purchase an SCB-5008 card for my current set of 8 analog cameras, what do I have to do if I want to add a couple of IP-based cameras? Do I purchase additional licenses on a per-camera basis? Can an SCB-5008-equipped PC-based DVR be converted to a hybrid system with a simple dongle and licensing key?

I actually have a NUUO question:

I'm currently using a Dedicated Micros DVR, and am thinking of switching over to a PC-based system. I've looked at a number of different vendors, but I cannot understand NUUO's licensing system.

If I purchase an SCB-5008 card for my current set of 8 analog cameras, what do I have to do if I want to add a couple of IP-based cameras? Do I purchase additional licenses on a per-camera basis? Can an SCB-5008-equipped PC-based DVR be converted to a hybrid system with a simple dongle and licensing key?

You just need to purchase licenses for your IP cameras if you already have an SCB-5008 card. Our license for managing IP cameras is a USB dongle you can put in your computer. Our IP+ license comes in different types: 04, 08, 12, 16, 25, 32, 36, 64. 04 is capable of managing 4 IP cameraqs, 08 is for 8 IP cameras, and so on. You can choose the licensing that suits you the best.

Please also refer to the diagram here. It depicts our product lines.

http://support.nuuo.com/mediawiki/upload/3/3e/NUUO_solutions.png

Hope this answers your question.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions at any time. If you are on Skype or on Window Live, please also add me so I can offer technical support more directly.

Yung-chung Lin

Wondering if others would find it to be of value to add Nuuo as a sub-forum. Nuuo seems to be getting rather popular and finding a good source for support is not as easy as coming to this forum

After two weeks of testing , I buy the H. 264 Hardware Compression Capture Card SCB-5008 card last week ,I'm very satisfied and I also agree with idea about NUUO sub-forum .

NUUO-NDVR the "Hybrid Solution" enables IP and analog surveillance cameras to work together within the application. By installing an NUUO SCB-series video capture card, along with NUUO surveillance management software, you can install the latest IP cameras without removing the original analog system. An NUUO Hybrid solution can manage a comprehensive combo of 64 channels simultaneously.

Has anyone experienced this? Whenever I turn the recording ON, the video freezes for about 1sec, in every 15secs. I'm using SCB-IP+08 with an HP Storage server running on windows storage 2003. This only happens when recording is enabled. pls help. thanks

DO NUUO NVR WORKS WITH ANY IP CAMERA??

AND CAN WE USE ANALOG CAMERAS WITH NUUO SOFTWARE AFTER CONVERTING IT TO IP USING VIDEO SERVERS?

DO NUUO NVR WORKS WITH ANY IP CAMERA??

AND CAN WE USE ANALOG CAMERAS WITH NUUO SOFTWARE AFTER CONVERTING IT TO IP USING VIDEO SERVERS?

I would say that supports more IP cameras than any other NVR but check their website for a list of supported cams for the NVR you are interested in.

You can use analog cameras with IP cameras using their Hybrid cards. The 7000 series cards are true D1 and would their high end.

You can convert when you wish. I had IP at a customers and upgraded them with a hybrid card so I can add analog cameras. You will need IP licenses and with the new version of software the license key is entered into the software so there is no need for a dongle.

Their embedded mini's are IP only but make sure you review the list of supported IP cams to be sure the cameras you plan to use are supported.

Hope this helps.