sacko

Remote CCTV Record/View

Hi all,

I have recently had problems with vandalism in the car park to my business premises. Is it possible to have a stand alone CCTV camera (battery operated) that I can record or view from my home (which is 2 miles away) via the internet? Any help or sugestions of what equipment and where I can purchase it from etc I would need would be great.

Regards

Sacko

AVC732E

This is a 2 CH Video Web Server that can connects Internet via IP address. It could enable any camera to connect to Internet for remote monitoringl. Besides, it could also enable 2 video input to connect to Internet for remote monitoring.

JPEG real time compression format

Support 2CH video recording

Support alarm trigger recording

Whenever alarm system triggered, video streaming or pictures will be uploaded over FTP, email as an instant notification.

Support 3G & GPRS system for remote surveillance with mobile phone

Support TCP/IP, PPPoE, DDNS and DHCP for network connection

Support DDNS function as a router

Support NTSC / PAL system

Support video access by APs (software) or HTML pages (IE explorer)

Support different PC O/S

Full alarm-triggered event list for easy search and quick playback

Support multiple user access levels with security protection

Support multiple on-line users (up to 5 users)

Support watch dog function for automatic network reconnection

ANR will reactivate recording function automatically when network is reconnected

Easy to upgrade firmware

Thanks for this scorpion. Does this sever have to located in the same place as the camera? Because I want to locate the camera on the flag pole at the main gate and house the server, DVR and computer in my home.

The reason I wanted a battery powered camera is that there is not a mains supply where I need to locate the camera.

regards

sacko

Yes, the server can go in to your house, and the camera can go on your flag pole. Is the flag pole two miles from your house?

How will you get the wire inside of the flag pole?

I do not think you want to change batteries on a day to day basis.

Perhaps solar powered is the way to go?

Why are you mounting the camera so high? If you point it down will you only see the bald spot of the crook's head?

How far will this camera see in complete darkness?

Are you using day/night cameras?

I have not got a camera yet I was hoping for some advice of which one to use. It would of course have to be wireless (is this possible) i.e. are wireless cameras compatible with this server?

The flag pole is only 3 metres high and is 2 miles from my house.

Regards

Sacko

First you will have to decide is security of the essence, or is budget of the essence.

What you are trying to do cannot be done on an entry level budget.

2 miles. Think of a CB radio. Thats the kind of transmitter you are going to need to get the camera to talk 2 miles away.

You would be better off putting the webserver where the flag pole is. Do you have an office building there where the flag pole is.

From your house you could watch the camera over the internet.

Do you have an internet connection at the flag pole site, or are you willing to get an internet connection?

I guess running the wires two miles is out of the question!

LOL!

There is no cheap or easy solution to what you are looking for. 2 miles is a long, long distance when it comes to pushing bits or video. The cost will certainly be more than whatever is getting damaged.

If the car is next to the business why not use the business as a bridge? You could put a wireless router there, put a wireless camera in the car and feed the latter from the car battery if you are sure to drive the car everyday. Then you can monitor everything from your house, by connecting to the work computer/server.

Thanks scorpion, the car method may be an option.

Amirm I have a budget of £1000, would that be enough?

Regards

Sacko

is the pole line of site from the house?

no power at all near it or at it?

for that sort of distance high powered secure wireless would work but the currebt draw would be high at the transmitter end

Drop me a PM if your UK based and i'll put you in touch with some companies

Thanks neutech I am unable to pm at the moment (not enough posts - new to the site)

There is no power at all were I want to site the camera, although my home is about 3/4 of a mile away (as far as the crow flies)

I think I have to have 5 posts under my belt and I guess this counts as number 5 - so I will atempt to pm you later

Regards

Sacko