SammieT

KT&C Camera recommendations

Thanks FredB

The Speco was the other camera I was considering. This one looks comparable but for $150 less I would think there is something you sacrifice. Does anyone have any experience with this brand of camera?

specs are good, I dont see that it has a mechanical IR cut Filter though, just that is switches from day to night mode. Do you have the link to the manufacturer for more info?

"Night Vision Camera with Built In Varifocal The KPC-N600H camera is KT&C's latest answer to the rapidly growing demands of the security industry. The N600H has integrated the top grade high resolution Sony 1/3" Superhad CCD with a precision aspheric varifocal auto iris lens (3.8-9.5mm or 2.5-6.0mm) to achieve 520 TV lines of sharp image. When combined with its mechanical day & night function, CDS sensor, and 18 IR LEDs, the N600H can see 60 FEET in complete darkness".

When combined with its mechanical day & night function,

Thought that meant a mechanical IR, maybe I an wrong. Gotto chech the manufactuare site

"Night Vision Camera with Built In Varifocal The KPC-N600H camera is KT&C's latest answer to the rapidly growing demands of the security industry. The N600H has integrated the top grade high resolution Sony 1/3" Superhad CCD with a precision aspheric varifocal auto iris lens (3.8-9.5mm or 2.5-6.0mm) to achieve 520 TV lines of sharp image. When combined with its mechanical day & night function, CDS sensor, and 18 IR LEDs, the N600H can see 60 FEET in complete darkness".

When combined with its mechanical day & night function,

Thought that meant a mechanical IR, maybe I an wrong. Gotto chech the manufactuare site

no that can just be the change over from color to black and white, the slide that moves across the CCD that kills the chroma. Good thing though is it uses a CDS sensor to tell it when to switch. Still need to see the specs.

Has anyone been able to get any specs off their website? I can't get beyond the clever little animation on the first page (just keeps saying "loading data").

For all of you that have a website you might want to consider refraining from all the little animations and doo-dads that prevent a quick download like this. There may be many people like myself (especially with a dial-up connection) that get frustrated with this crap and just move on to the next merchant in line. Just something to think about .

Sure,

They just do not seem to list all avalible cameras on their site, or otherwise the distrubitor has old info.

How is KT & C cameras anyway. Are they pretty good. Mean for low budget, not the high end stuff.

Has anyone been able to get any specs off their website? I can't get beyond the clever little animation on the first page (just keeps saying "loading data").

For all of you that have a website you might want to consider refraining from all the little animations and doo-dads that prevent a quick download like this. There may be many people like myself (especially with a dial-up connection) that get frustrated with this crap and just move on to the next merchant in line. Just something to think about .

yeah i gave up after a couple of clicks on that shockwave crap!

How is KT & C cameras anyway. Are they pretty good. Mean for low budget, not the high end stuff.

I would say they're good for the price, but my experience so far with KT&C is limited to their exview monochromes and varifocal autoiris lenses.

I find a KC-N600H... haven't got the price or availability on that though... could get it if you like. Are you sure you want those LED's in there with the camera??

Eganson-

Do you know if it has a mechanical IR cut filter and the wavelength of the IR leds? Do they have the same camera without the leds? Thanks.

PM'd ......... KT&C could sell more with better info on their web site! They must have serious broadband over there...

Has anyone made any further progress researching this camera? Specifically, does it have a mechanical IR cut Filter? Based on the price, I assume no; but would like to research something more affordable than the Speco CVC-7706DNV. Alternatives?

Looks like KT&C updated their website. They say that the KC-N600H has a "Mechanical IR Removing Varifocal Auto Iris lens." The specs look good:

http://www.ktnc.co.kr/product_01_04.asp

From the FAQ:

Q: How mechanical day and night cameras work?

A: These cameras incorporate IR cut filters which automatically move over the CCD sensor for daytime(color) usuage, to prevent IR light to the CCD. At night time, the filter will be removed automatically to bring in IR right to the CCD, and maximize the low light sensitivity with black and white image.

Any comments?