kaysadeya

WizKid WZ15

Rory, any experience with this one? The WZ15N also looks interesting..

Do you have other recommendations for a ~$200 high-quality, low-lux, weather-resistent camera?

hi

havent used that camera yet. They are generall decently built cameras though, very weather proof.

whats ~ mean ..? around about, greater than, equal to, or less than?

'~' = Approximately.

Rory, what camera do you recommend for the following purpose:

* Outdoor (weather-resistent and auto iris). Will consider a separate housing.

* Day / Night (nice to have color during day and B&W at night. No need for a built-in IR illuminator -- will use either motion-activated floods or separate IR illuminators).

Like you, I'm also into quality (on a budget, regretfully). Ideally $200 +/-

I'm still trying to understand how to configure a remote-controlled varifocal lens through a DVR, but a feature like that would also be nice, if possible.

To get an idea of what's available on the high end, I'm currently looking at the Vicon VC565DN, which is beyond my budget, but looks interesting.

hi, well to start with, Vicon is not high end ..

As for good Day Nights, Panasonic, and yes, GE Kalatel. Ive just had terrible luck with GE's Ultraview Wide Dynamic, other cameras are great. Others are Sanyo, which is around the same price.

I have a panasonic Day Night Wide Dynamic to test yet, a client has it is waiting to run the wire. Ive used the GE and the Sanyo in the past and are very good, just want to try the Pano for the Wide Dynamic Feature.

Ofcourse those are in the $400 range though. Even higher end can be the Panasonic Day Night 1/2" Camera, and ofcourse ExtremeCCTV cameras.

Now, if you will have adequate lighting, then an Exview is a good way to get around the price range you are looking at, in a high quality product. I have to recommend the GE Kalatel KTC-840CE Exview as I use them and they are great, really. As for price PM me or post in the dealer forum.

Phillips also makes some good cameras, but I have not personally used their Day Night or Exview versions, just once I used their standard color camera.

Housings for the above I always use the GE Weatherproof Housing, withstood the 2 hurricanes we had here last year. The cheapo $20 housings didnt last at all (other clients had them and we had to replace them all)

Rory

if yah want a good black and white high res, GE Kalatel has one in the same price range of the vicon, couple $$ more, but a better product, and has the IR spectrum range up to 1100nm in case you do decide to add IR lighting ...

im on a clients PC so I may not be able to reply ASAP, have to reload windows in a few minutes .. just checking in ..

rory

Has anyone used the WZ15N yet in this forum? If not I just ordered one to try out. I came across this thread after I ordered it and was wondering if anyone had used this camera, especially in a low light situation.

If not, once I get this system installed and get some video recorded I will try and make a sample available for others in the forum to see.

let us know what its like, its apparently a high res BW bullet with IR.

I havent tested it yet but have had good reviews. Its 13LEDs so dont expect a huge distance ... but its better than my Provideo 6LEDs

also, why the bullet, why not the dome?

This camera is going to be mounted high where it is not easily reached replacing an existing camera that has never been messed with. The ceilings are 10ft, so someone would need a pool stick or something to disturb the angle or screw around with it.

Also it seems like the domes have a little less light sensitivity then the bullets due to the tinted domes. I will be using domes mounted to a low ceiling though located just above the bar where the bartenders can be seen clearly.

I also want to get an idea of the how this camera looks before buying any domes just to have some type of reference using a high res 560tvl compared to a 420tlv or 480tvl.

I am a little concerned that this camera will have a narrower view than the camera it replaces due to it's fixed 4.3mm lens because the camera the camera it replaces has wide angle lens. Shouldn't make that much of a difference though I would imagine.

That camera your using looks great to me I am hoping this one looks as good as I have not seen a sample image from this camera like I have from yours. I wonder what type of light sensitivy this WZ15N will have without the IR being on? They only give the lux rating as 0 because of the IR emitter’s being on the camera.

I just need to get the proper pre-made cable now for that camera and I should be able to sample it in the next week or so when I receive the computer and Geovsion 1420 card

This camera will beat the one i have by far.

More iR and High Res.

You can get the domes in various lenses also, and the domes come with a clear dome cover by default.

There is also the WZ15 without the IR that has a varifocal lens.

I understand, it is also more appropriate for a pole for example, than a dome camera.