prsmith777

GV 8.3 Coming in February

I got a response from Geovision support that GV8.3 is coming out in February. The only thing I know about it is that it will improve/allow adding IP cameras to the gv-2008 cards and that Arecont H.264 IP cameras will be supported.

Does anyone know what other improvements are coming our way?

Well from what I have heard you can have up to 32 cameras running on one pc, which is nice.

ii

Contents

1. 32-Channel Support ...............................................1

1.1 Implementing 32 Channels...................................................................... 1

1.2 System Requirements for Two-Card Mode ............................................. 2

1.3 Comparison Chart for Single-Card and Two-Card Modes....................... 3

2. Main System............................................................4

2.1 Lost Signal Alarm .................................................................................... 4

2.2 Digital Matrix............................................................................................ 5

Configuring Multiple Monitors.................................................................. 5

Configuring the Digital Matrix.................................................................. 7

2.3 New Integration of POS System with GV-System ................................. 10

2.4 Support for New PTZ Cameras ............................................................. 12

2.5 Support for New IP Cameras................................................................. 13

2.6 Other Features ...................................................................................... 14

3. ViewLog.................................................................15

3.1 Automatic Adjustment for Daylight Saving Time.................................... 15

3.2 GPS Tracking Route Playback.............................................................. 16

3.3 Video Effects Applied on Multiple Channels.......................................... 17

3.4 Increased Number of Multi Views.......................................................... 18

3.5 Increased Number of Quad Views......................................................... 19

4. WebCam ................................................................20

4.1 Multicast Streaming and Audio Broadcasting........................................ 20

Configuring Multicast and Broadcast Settings ...................................... 20

Operation Using WebCam.................................................................... 21

Operation on Multi View........................................................................ 22

4.2 WebCam Enhancements ...................................................................... 22

iii

5. Center V2...............................................................24

5.1 Support for 32-Channel DVR................................................................. 24

5.2 Unlimited Log Retention Time ............................................................... 24

5.3 Assigning a Subscriber to Another Center V2 ....................................... 24

5.4 Simple Audio and Microphone Panels................................................... 25

5.5 Controlling I/O Devices of GV IP Devices ............................................. 26

6. Dispatch Server ....................................................27

6.1 Unlimited Log Retention Time ............................................................... 27

7. Vital Sign Monitor (VSM)......................................28

7.1 Unlimited Log Retention Time ............................................................... 28

7.2 Controlling I/O Devices of GV IP Devices ............................................. 28

7.3 Other Features ...................................................................................... 29

8. Control Center ......................................................30

8.1 Support for 32-Channel DVR................................................................. 30

8.2 Support for New IP Cameras................................................................. 30

8.3 Popped-Up Live View after Input Trigger .............................................. 30

8.4 Controlling I/O Devices of GV IP Devices ............................................. 31

8.5 Matrix Enhancements............................................................................ 31

8.6 Live View Enhancements ...................................................................... 35

9. Remote E-Map.......................................................36

9.1 Simultaneous Display of Multiple Live Videos ....................................... 36

iv

10. Authentication Server..........................................37

10.1 Support for 32-Channel DVR............................................................... 37

10.2 Unlimited Log Retention Time ............................................................. 37

11. SMS Server ...........................................................38

11.1 Unlimited Log Retention Time ............................................................. 38

11.2 Support for a New GPRS Modem ....................................................... 38

Can we suggest a calendar in the playback module, Would be nice, Also get rid of the drop down menus they put into 8.2. Just in case they ever want to listen to the people that use there products.... MAKE THINGS BETTER NOT WORSE GEOVISION!!!

Sorry for my venting

Can we suggest a calendar in the playback module, Would be nice, Also get rid of the drop down menus they put into 8.2. Just in case they ever want to listen to the people that use there products.... MAKE THINGS BETTER NOT WORSE GEOVISION!!!

Sorry for my venting

I agree with you 100% Rebco , lets move forward, Geovision, not backwards!

What a wonderful world we would live in if software company's would actually listen to end users.

A facility to add a quick 'note' to footage would be great, so you could search the video logs for notes of things that occured,

Does anybody know if the iPhone application will finally come out with 8.3? Can the existing 8.2 cards be upgraded to 8.3 or do we need a new version card?

Yes, you can do the upgrade 8.2 to 8.3, i have the beta version of 8.3 and work´s, but in beta version don´t work remote acess very well

I was just online with GV tech support Friday. 8.3 will not have an iPhone application yet. I was told there is no ETA for the iPhone application…very disappointing!!!