WSS

looping lots of lcd monitors?

can it be down and what do i need? power amplifier of some sort?

I want a monitor on multiple floors and spaced pretty far apart, maybe 10 monitors in all.

I'm not too techinical but, are you using VGA LCDs or BNC LCDs?

If BNC I've seen some installs with 4 monitors. With VGA all you would need is just some amplifiers, although, if your going more than 100ft, your gonna have to maybe use another method, like VGA over the CAT5. Hope it helps!

I was going to use BNC

the runs might be over 100 feet.

is the concern the distance or multiple monitors or both

A video matrix solves your problem. If you are going to display the same image in all monitors you could simply loop the signal through each monitor. Or a combination of both. 100ft is no problem.

yea, i want to loop the same image on all the monitors, might be closer to 300 ft, i shouldn't lose image by the last monior, loopin in and out of 10 or so monitors?

If you want to send analog composite video to multiple monitors, you have two choices:

1. If the monitors have "looping inputs" (an in and out for each input), you can just daisy chain them. Run your RG-59 or RG-6 coax from your source to the first monitor's input, then from its output to the next monitor's input, and so on. With looping, the coax distance limits apply to the the total distance, so I wouldn't exceed 750 feet total distance with RG-59 or 1000 feet with RG-6.

2. You can feed the source to a video distribution amp and run separate cables from its outputs to each monitor. For that, each monitor line can be up to 750 feet using RG-59.

A disadvantage to the first scenario is that if one of the monitors gets disconnected, all subsequent monitors will lose their signal. The second method is also less subject to interference between monitors.

You can also use twisted-pair to distribute the signal.

I'd go with the distribution-amp idea in this case... the problem with looping through is that not all monitor "pass-thrus" will load the line properly, and you're no better off than if you were using a bunch of T-splitters. It may work, it may not, and you don't want to wait until it's all done to find out that it won't.

Home-running each monitor feed and using a distro amp is guaranteed to work.