amowolves

newbie remote view issue: wave-p webview access?

Hi All,

I'm new to the world of cctv and require some assistance please.

I have just setup two cameras connected to a pc based dvr system...i believe the capture card is a wave-p PG100.

All seems to be well however i cant seem to access the dvr remotely (external souce).

I can access the dvr (internally) from another pc on my home network both via the dvp and i.e webview software. I just cannot connect via external...i keep getting "cannot connect to server" message when i put in my ip, username and password?

i have setup port forwarding (port 80, 9000, 9001, 9002) and enabled the access via the firewall both on the router and pc..infact i tried disabling both and it made no dif, i still keep getting the same error?

any ideas?

Thanks

Amo

It's possible that the program uses other ports they forgot to mention. First, you could try expanding the port range in the router. Go ahead and forward everything from 8950-9100 to that computer, and see if that helps.

If it doesn't work, or you'd like to get more specific, try this from the remote PC:

Open the command prompt and type netstat (don't press enter yet), then switch back over to the remote software. As soon as you try to connect, switch back to the command prompt and press enter. You'll see a long list of protocols, local hosts (should be the name of the computer you're using), foreign addresses, and states. The foreign address column is what you want. Scroll through the list looking for your IP address followed by your home ISP's servers. The numbers after the colon are the ports that the remote program is trying to use.

If it's still just 9000-9002, then the problem's probably with your home router configuration.

Good luck!

Thanks Trimyr. I will try netstat. Ive tried everything else.....argggggg was looking forward to keeping an eye on my house from work...lol

check well your router configaration..and your local ip address that you forward your ports to..

all the best

i think wave -p works well with dynamip ip..and that is the main card that we sell here in israel

Perhaps your ISP is blocking inbound traffic on 80.

I had that problem here in the US, and so I made a change from port 80 to port 8888. It just meant that you had to add the :8888, which was kind of annoying.

Go to google and type in Shields Up

Then type in your port 80 or 9000 and use specific port probe. if it comes up stealth or closed then it is a problem with your router or internet service provider(most likely your router). I use wave-p cards all the time and love them. I only use the dvp software, never the web based. If you need help setting this up let me know and i can remote into your dvr to set this up for you.