bms53

Help with LENS WON'T COME OFF!!

Did search, seems nobody else is as stupid as me.

I have a very good quality Samsung box type camera (SHC-730N) onto which I have installed a Computar motorized zoom lens (T6Z5710AMS). Perhaps I "over tightened" it when I installed it. The problem now is: I can't get it off! It turns, but will not unscrew. Something in the mount on the lens or the camera is spinning freely, so it will not unthread. I'm guessing there is a way to adjust a len's radial posistion after it is snuged up, and that is now so loose I can't unthread it.

Anybody familiar with this problem and know the secret work around?

Thanks in advance,

BMS

The part that screws into the box camera on the lens is loose from the lens itself. All you have to do is find something thin to hold down the part that screws onto the box cam and then turn the box cam itself.

Thanks Vin2. I'll try that.

Are there set screws I'm not seeing that hold this in place normally?

Anybody here have a similar Samsung box camera without a lens attached that can take a look at what holds the threaded mounting ring from turning when installing/removing a lens?

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news for you but it sounds like the lens is broken. It is very possible that it was tightened too much because that would cause it to crack internally which would lead to it spinning freely. Your options are somewhat limited but I would suggest taking apart the camera in order to remove the lens from the inside. Your warranty on both the lens and camera are most likely voided already so you don't have anything to lose by disassembling it.

Vin2: OK. I got it now. So the camera is good. The lens I don't care about. I guess I'll start taking things apart. (No warranty for either one) I'll most likely end up with a useless pile of parts, but hey, I sorta got that now! Thanks for taking the time to offer suggestions.

Vin2: OK. I got it now. So the camera is good. The lens I don't care about. I guess I'll start taking things apart. (No warranty for either one) I'll most likely end up with a useless pile of parts, but hey, I sorta got that now! Thanks for taking the time to offer suggestions.

You have to take it as a lesson that you paid for. I always learn that way

Lessons learned the $$ way. I know that deal too. But, camera (brand new eBay item @ $45) and lens (used eBay item @ less than $25) didn't cost me that much. I am an amature and this stuff is for my home use only. I have a little buddy (Shih Tzu) and unfriendly neighbors (coyotes). It isn't a totally foolproof system, but I usually know when coyotes are in the area. My main cameras are a couple of those twin camera units. You know, one B/W night camera with some pretty decent IR LEDs, and a seperate color camera that switches over at daylight, alll in one sealed unit. Works good enough for what I need.