jets

Pinhole Cam Connection Help Needed Please

Hi there- I have 2 pinhole cams, one is a SPECO CVC770PH, the other a KT&C S700C. They have identical connectors: 4 pins in a rectangular housing. Molex comes to mind. I don't have the power/ video harness that would mate with these. Can anyone let me know of a source for the harness/ connector? Yes- tomorrow I will contact both the mfr's. I am thinking that these are probably fairly popular items? Can anyone hip me to likely places I could get these? Also, can anyone tell me what the connectors are called? And also how to rearrange the female pin receivers in the connectors to accommodate the different cameras? Any info is appreciated thanks

I dunno, I've used that camera a lot & that's a SPECO cable. Don't know that I've ever seen it anywhere else. Call SPECO & I suspect they'll send/sell you a couple. I'm not familair w/ the KT&C.

The SPECO cable will adapt that camera connector to a video BNC connector and a 12v dc connector, both industry-standard.

Not sure about the KT&C.

Good Luck.

Thanks for reply. Apparently not all cams have the same pinout at the connector. On the PC Board of a Speco (CSI) motion detector cam board, the designation of the power and video pins is different than on the SPECO CVC770PH. I suspect its different on the KT&C cam as well. The connector body used on the different cams is the same- the pins are in a different arrangement- within the same mfr line. I imagine mis-connecting the power to the vid-output pins might fry the cam, as might wiring up the wrong polarity. So it's not just a matter of getting a power/ video breakout: the 4 conductors must land in the connector head in a way so that they mate with the correct pins on the cam board.

Anyone know of a source for finding out connector pinouts of the various mfr cams? The web has a plethora of pinouts for computer related and pro AV devices. I see none for the CCTV world.

Edited by Guest

Thanks for replying re: SPECO pinout. The link you provided depicts the pinout of the board cam in my SPECO motion detector cam (and its connecting cable). However, the CVC770PH pinout silk-screened on its PC board indicates that video is on the 2 outer pins and power is on the 2 inner pins. '+B' designates the positive power connection. So I need to rearrange the pins in the connecting cable. A web search indicates this is done by prying up, with an exacto knife blade point, the plastic tabs that hold the tiny metal connection sleeves in place, sliding the sleeves out and placing them in the desired order.

So the quest remains for a source of pinouts for popular board cams, because, as evidenced here, even within the same mfr line, the pinout varies. I'm keeping in mind that I've been told there are only 2 or 3 board cam component OEM's (e.g. Sony, Sharp), and that mfr's like SPECO and KT&C incorporate these boards in their products.

KT&C board cams Ive used are either 3pin or 4pin (with white-audio out)- the three pin has the GND common in the middle with video (yellow) and (Red) DC12v+ on either side.

Thanks for response.

"the KT&C 3pin has ground commoned on the center in the middle, with power and video to either side".

Hmm. The KT&C KPC-S700C cam I have here has no audio onboard, and has a 4pin connector for power and video out. Can these units, to your knowledge, sustain having 12VDC+ connected to their video output pin with no harm resulting?? If not, then it is imperative to specify to which side of the center pin both the video and power conductors fall.. yes?

hey there. Thanks for well meaning intentions. Having learned to question the validity of diagrams that don't actually reference the model # of the device in question, I dd call KT&C USA and, sure enough, the pinouts depicted in the diagram are NOT relevant to the s700C model (even though there are diagrams of the camera's profile on the same page). The 4 pin pinout diagram is for a discontinued cam- the KT&C technician told me the pinout for my cam is different than the one shown for the differently numbered cam. He would not tell me the pinout (Speco wouldn't tel me theirs either when I called). Evidently, in this hokey pokey CCTV world of not so high-tech, 'secrets' abound for some reason. And, even more discouraging, my observation is that a large majority (obviously not all) of folks procuring these products and doing these installations are lacking in some basic reasoning skills, concept comprehension and basic electronics and technical skills.. not to mention the apparent unfamiliarity with basic installation hanging hardware and connection procedures.

Frustrating?

Indeed.

Thanks for your help.

sorry for the confusion the board cam I used was older ....and yes you are correct, over the years reading white papers and specs with a grain of salt, have encountered many QC issues and products packed with mismatched labels , wrong voltage specs. missing wire harness, brackets etc...