JJ27

Problems with NV5000 & NV6240

Running PC based system with NV5000 installed (16 channel) & constantly having problems with is not recording.It skips an hour here & there or skips 11 hrs,until I check system & reboot it myself.It's been back & forth to workshop for testing & they says its a windows XP fault.They've given me a NV6240 to run while the other is being repaired & this one reboots a few times a day,last night it stopped recording completely,until I rebooted.

I have a gang living in my area & they're always trying to disable my system.Could they remotely switch off system with a power surge/drop?Can page files be deleted to hide evidence of someone manually fiddling with my system?

I have a handheld Sony HDD camcorder & they manage to disable recording on that without touching it.(Can hear them joking about it afterwards)

Anyone have similar experiences?[/b]

you are not alone! I have been having the same exact problems and I have reinstalled XP twice. I pretty much gave up and just reboot every other day! My next step was going to be installing some linux program but I didn't have the time to learn another system yet. I hope you figure it out and post a solution here!

I'm not experiencing any problem here.

You need to hide your DVR or relocate it with a lock box

Don't put it where your employees can have access to it.

I have installed over 100 NV500 systems and I don't have that problem. Check your hardware make sure you are using Windows XP Pro with at lease 512MB RAM and Intel chipset Motherboard. Make sure Windows is up to date and you are using 7.1 or higer DVR software. I recommend 7.5.

I have installed over 100 NV500 systems and I don't have that problem. Check your hardware make sure you are using Windows XP Pro with at lease 512MB RAM and Intel chipset Motherboard. Make sure Windows is up to date and you are using 7.1 or higer DVR software. I recommend 7.5.

also, I would recomend installing a battery backup, and configuring the software for auto-reboot, auto record, and in the bios, to startup on ac restore.

like was mentioned above, if the system is not secured(system password, and lock box), this would also be a good idea.

I'm having a similar problem with the NV 5000 series card. I have built quite a few systems although some have the problem where they will automatically stop recording. Im using Windows Xp service pack 3 as my OS, and using 7.5 NV software. I also have all my systems standard to what soundman98 has suggested.

also, I would recomend installing a battery backup, and configuring the software for auto-reboot, auto record, and in the bios, to startup on ac restore.

I need these Avermedias to be working 24/7 without any problems. Replys and Help would be much appreciated.

jj27 were are you located. is your system in a place were people can play with it ?? if so set it up again reboot and then take keyboard and mouse away and see how it goes. you can also check in the log and see what has been happening. it will even tell you who has been logging into your system. i know this is basic stuff but you need to find out in its human error or machine problems. stopping and starting recording sounds human error. have a look on my website under about us you will see a pic of me with andrew he is software designer for avermedia i am having a meeting with him thursday i will show him your post.