Randy

Any Bosch Desa 8 Experts?

Looking for a Desa 8 expert who can tell me how to get the contact closure inputs to work, the health watch email update to work and is there any way to do a screen capture??

In other words, the DESA 8 is NOT what I would recommend. It is Bosch's most pathetic piece of equipment ever built. However I have a customer with one and I need some help.

Bosch tech support will be my next stop if I can't find someone on this forum.

I’ll do my best to help. The Desa is a little different than the DVR we sell.

Questions: What have you done with the contact closures? Have you enabled it in the software? Is it normally open or normally closed?

Health watch email update- are you trying to monitor if the DVR for some reason goes down?

Do you want to do a screen capture by software program? If so, you’ll only be able to capture the GUI and not the video on the screen at the time of capture.

Yes I have enable the input in software. I have tried both NO and NC (since the Chinese sometimes get things backwards) and niether works. I have tied a pair of wires on the input and still nothing. I can click the AUX output buttons on the screen and hear the internal relays click.

My wife is unable to see the DESA at work due to proxy server issues. I can view the DESA fine so I know everything is OK. That is why I thought I could use the healthwatch email feature and simply send her a snapshoot once an hour since she can't get connected to it directly. Can't get that to work either.

The next thing I thought I could do as a work around was to grap a frame from my work where I can connect and see the DESA video and send that frame as an email attachment. Can't do that either!!! There isn't a provision in the client software to take a snapshot. It appears I can do no less than a one minute backup of an .avi file to my hard drive then use Windows Media Player to view that .avi and do a frame grap from there.

What a joke!!! I've installed and used the Bosch DIVAR and it is an incrediable piece of equipment compared to the DESA!! No comparison!!

Have you tired any other inputs? Input 1, 2, 3, and so on? Also, go under the schedule and make sure that it is set to sensor record. This will turn on the inputs.

Is you wife connecting via the browser or client software? She might have her security settings set to high. Try turning security in Internet Explorer down and the test the IP address again.

I can’t really speak to the Bosch DESA. It uses the same core software and hardware that we use, but some changes have been made to the code. I just hope I can help you out.

they already lost money, when someone sold them it

We've started switching out client's DMs for kalatel DVRs down here now .. and allready have 1 client which we are switching out their phillips DVR for a kalatel.. not to mention all the cheap unknown PC cards we have already switched out ..