Sign in to follow this  
Theodore

Got a question

Nice to meet everybody all 10,000 of you, I have been installing cams for afew months now and currently came across a problem I usualyl found answers to my questions on this forum and i decided to register finally,

Now i have a question for anybody who can answer me. I am doing an install in a home this time and the customer wants to watch his cameras on his Televisions. Well just say 1 TV for now

The previous guys ran the wires and didnt run anything extra except 1 CAT5 cable to work with.

The products i got are

1.Nuvico EV8000

2.Nuvico CDS21/NP Domes

3. Video over Cat5 Connectors

Now my question is can i use these 2 connectors on the CaT5 cable and connect one side of the cable to the BNC composite video out on the back of the EV8000 and the other side to the back of the TV (forexample i would use a BNC to RCA adapter to connect it to video inout 1 on the LCD Samsung TV)

Does this sound like im on the right track? I know theres a VGA cable but running that is not an option. Will this setup work and will i be able to send the signal using this wire with these connectors? I would appreciate it because this job has been delayed to many times and If i need more equipment I would like to know.

Also I called Nuvico and they were not sure, they said maybe which is not what i wnated to hear. I havent been able to find any info on this. So i would appreciate any feed back. Thank you.