benjamin

HELP GV-800 16 LOW FPS FOR 4 CAMERAS

I have this pci card, just for 4 video cameras, and I am not able to get high fps, I tried several inputs video chanels, different record codecs, and the quality video is quite poor.

The card runs with 8.2 original software, I am not sure but I think the card is not original, I use a asus M2A-VM-HDMI, nvida geforce 7050 / nforce 630A , cpu amd am2 athlon 64 4800.

How can I know the number of FPS recording or displaying?

Thanks a lot for the help

Total Recording Rate of 120FPS At 320 X 240 Resolution

You are looking at a card capable of 120 FPS but if it's a 16 channel you are just getting 7.5FPS per camera at Low Res,

Edited by Guest

Banjamin, GV-800 card will give you 30fps per camera if you are using only 4 cameras. Did you check individual cameras's settings to make sure they are set to record at 30fps each?

I can limit for each camera total recording frames to 30 in order to save hard disk space, but I do not know the real number which are recording in different conditions, how can I know the fps for every recording video? I mean if I use just one camera in movement detection, this camera would be able to record at 100 fps (pal system), but how to know it?

The easiest way to verify recording rate is by playing back a clip and go frame by frame. Watch your time/clock on the screen of the playback software- you should be able to see 30 frame changes before the timer rolls one second. Just click one frame at a time and start counting your clicks, you should be able to click 30 times before it reaches the next second.

I'm very anxious to hear any personal experience in response to the OP as I'm looking to buy a 16 channel GV-800 myself and only use four cameras as well. I'd really like to know if those four cameras will reap the full division of the 120fps... meaning 30fps each.

All GV-800 cards will record a maximum of 120fps regardless of number of channels. So, if you are only using 4 channels, use could get a GV-800-4 and get the same result as using only 4 channels on a GV-800-16 card. Divide the max fps by the number of active channels on that system, and that gives you the fps of each camera.

All GV-800 cards will record a maximum of 120fps regardless of number of channels. So, if you are only using 4 channels, use could get a GV-800-4 and get the same result as using only 4 channels on a GV-800-16 card. Divide the max fps by the number of active channels on that system, and that gives you the fps of each camera.

Thanks for the quick response. I'm going to trust that you're as experienced as you sound and go ahead and purchase the card.

I'll post back later in another thread and let you know how it works in comparison to my GV-600.

Sorry for the slight hijack... but maybe that answered the OP's question as well.

Thanks for the information.

I have a GV-800 16 inputs and right now I just need 4 cameras but in the future I will like to add more cameras.

I have check that using channels numbers 1, 5, 9 and 13 its seems to get better quality than using 1, 2, 3 and 4 inputs, it could be possible because every 4 chanels has their own chip bt848?

Anyway I have checked fps using just one camera, counting frame by frame and time clock and I can not get 100 (PAL system) anyway.

Regards

kensplace, you are right. PAL is 25fps, and NTSC is 30fps. You should not be able to click it more than 50 times in a second if you are using PAL signal, in playback.

As for 1, 5 9, and 13 giving better results...yes it uses 4 chips, so that is the only explanation. However, technically its not supposed to happen. The software "is supposed to" do the recording at a total of 120fps regardless of the input port.

I have checked a single camera and was able to count 60 clicks before the clock turned one second.

I have to put my 2 cents in where i just hear everyone talking about frames per second but no one talking about at what resolution. Dvr companies always put there fps but no one checks at what resolution, same things with cameras in low light.

you are absolutely right about resolution. But since you mentioned 320x240 in an earlier posting, I simply assumed it was understood that we are not talking anything more than that. At 4CIF, GV800 will not do 120fps total. Thanks for bringing that up!

Thanks, I am just bringing that up because manufactures always do what they want with specs. And it looks like heis semi new at this and don't want him to make a mistake like i did long long time ago.

I have a client with a GV800 and 16 cameras and its fine.

Its not real time but its not bad either. 4 cameras would be real time, or close to it.

Combo cards are basically the same as far as recording goes at least in high quality, so unless you want real time video then the 800 is about the same, minus the RCA composite output. Ive also found the 800 to be better quality video than the combo cards.

Either its a fake or its your computer, AMD is not recommended for GV800.