Rebco

Home invasion in broad daylight Video

Does anyone know the background to this story? The home owner sure was quick to defend. -- Like he was expecting it. Was he a neighborhood whistle blower, or a participant in thuggery wrong doings?

Seen it on the news recently. The home owner apparently was known to Police for drugs.

When I seen the story, it was on CNN w/ Lou Dobb's. He was talking to a cop in the area.

Although the cop (perhaps the Chief) stated the 'victim' was known to Police, he was very clear that the homeowner/victim in this case was defending himself, and no charges would be laid.

Well sure... it's pretty hard to look at that video and claim the guy didn't have a right to defend himself... especially with four armed men storming the house right there on tape.

The home owner may be a criminal (or borderline criminal), but I don't think one can look at that video and reasonably argue that he wasn't in legitimate fear for his life.

I know. How dare they try to steal his crack w/o permission.

And in Kanada, the homeowner would have been charged per this footage.

I think one of the caveats for self-defense in some jurisdictions is that you can't be in the process of committing a crime.

The guy may have a shady past, but if these were a bunch of goons looking for some payback, I'd say they underestimated their opposition.

Here's the thing, if the homeowner was a drug dealer or other type of criminal, he must have been good at what he does. He must have no criminal record, becaue even if he was defending himself, and his home, he would still be charged with criminal possesion of a firearm, and he wasn't in this case, but kudos to him for at least having the cameras at his house.