TheStig

What do i need for my computer

Hello all, I want to upgrade my computer and have a BNC/analogue input and output along with editing software on my computer, I know there are various machines that cost thousands of pounds but i want a good system at a decent cost. My plan is to be able to record standard video input and be able to have standard video output in order to create cctv compilations. I recently bought a small £20 USB device and could make my standard video into dvd however i want to have better picture quality. What would i need to upgrade on my machine and what sort of graphics cards etc would be best, suggestions please!!!!

Thanks[/b]

You need a video capture card. If it is only one input and one output you need then just get one ATI all in wonder cards. Those come fairly cheap nowadays. Then get a RCA to BNC adaptor.

Its only one input/output i would be looking to work with. Im checking out the video card!! thanks for the reply, any suggestions on good editing software for cctv images????? Im not setting up my own cctv system just looking to do some work on existing images from other sources!

Oh also, does anyone know any really good screen grab software???

cheers