qman

Panasonic Multiplexer, WJFS616

I got one of these old thins that I'm using in my house as a way to bring all my cams together for my tv viewing. one thing that it does is it scrolls a black line in the top of the images.

just look at the top left pic, and look at the top of the door, and you'll see what I mean.

IS this normal or....?

multi.jpg

uhm, If I am to guess, around 10 years old, but the thing look profesional as hell, even as old it is, I got it for nothing.

probably just something wrong with it due to age .. the ones I have in the field dont have those lines, perfect quality images actually.

herminshs,

Does it do it with just one camera connected, or only when you load extra channels?

Off the top of my head, it might be a problem with cross talk possibly termination related?

I know it's an old post, but...

I got one of these old thins that I'm using in my house as a way to bring all my cams together for my tv viewing. one thing that it does is it scrolls a black line in the top of the images.

There is nothing wrong with your picture (like in the Outer Limits TV show).

You have the VD2 sync pulse turned on. The Model WJ-FS616 real-time multiplexer has telemetry (camera control) built into the first four camera ports. When you connect cameras without the ability for Panasonic over-the-coax capability, you get little black lines. Turn VD2 and Camera Control off on those channels and the lines will disappear.