hvanwinkle

Networking - 2 Bldgs in ministorage w/ 20 cameras

I'm running into some issues on a mini storage install. I'm having to clean up after another installer. Currently the site has the following setup:

20 cameras - Various types, vivotek, arecont, and others, All IP, some POE. 10 in one building, 10 scattered throughout the property.

2 DVR Computers - 1 located in each building

1 Client computer in main building for camera viewing

Luxriot DVR Software

2 Repotec Gigabit switches

1 Cat 5 line running from the other building to the main bldg/office Client PC for viewing

Currently all computers are setup on a 192.168.2.x IP scheme with a 255.255.255.0 subnet mask. I thought it would be better to have different IP schemes for each building to cut down on network traffic. 10 cameras on 192.168.2.x and 10 cameras on 192.168.3.x.

Has anyone had intermitted camera failure because of lack of bandwidth or used IP addressing in this manner? Is it better to seperate the cameras by different subnets? All of them are on the same property and have CAT5 runs that are less than 100 yards.

Any help would be appreciated!

What is it that you're seeing as the problem? Which device are you seeing this at? The DVRs or the Client Computers?

192.168.2.x = Client computer, 10 Cams, 1 DVR

192.168.3.x = 10 Cams, 1 DVR

What are you using as a router? Where is it placed?

Have you checked the stats on the Switch to see which port is showing collisions and dropped packers?

I'm running into some issues on a mini storage install. I'm having to clean up after another installer. Currently the site has the following setup:

20 cameras - Various types, vivotek, arecont, and others, All IP, some POE. 10 in one building, 10 scattered throughout the property.

2 DVR Computers - 1 located in each building

1 Client computer in main building for camera viewing

Luxriot DVR Software

2 Repotec Gigabit switches

1 Cat 5 line running from the other building to the main bldg/office Client PC for viewing

Currently all computers are setup on a 192.168.2.x IP scheme with a 255.255.255.0 subnet mask. I thought it would be better to have different IP schemes for each building to cut down on network traffic. 10 cameras on 192.168.2.x and 10 cameras on 192.168.3.x.

Has anyone had intermitted camera failure because of lack of bandwidth or used IP addressing in this manner? Is it better to seperate the cameras by different subnets? All of them are on the same property and have CAT5 runs that are less than 100 yards.

Any help would be appreciated!

How many cameras per NVR? Everything's on the the same network right? If it is then you don't need 2 NVRs. I have never heard if switches that you are using so that could be the problem. What FPS are you recording at? Are the you having a problem with the cameras recording or just viewing. What happens when you log into the cameras directly?