G22

AVerDiGi EB1304NET SATA

Anyone use the AVerDiGi EB1304NET SATA? Pros/Cons? Does it have the same metal case and remote control as the regular 1304 NET? Noisy fans?

I am considering downgrading from a Panasonic WJ-HD316, which is a pretty big downgrade. The main reason is concealability. I can hide the Aver DVR behind something, and run a USB extension (if backups needed that way) and prob still use the remote control from a distance. I would then have a cheap basic CCTV type VCR in plain view, and anyone that broke in might assume the VCR is recording, and take the tape instead.

I use them on my budget installs......................nice little package if all you want is decent recordings with PTZ & audio. Fan is noticable.........but it's a fan! Programing is da same..........

One good reason to keep old VCR's ! I often take an old VCR, that I purchased at a Thrift Store, or local Flea Market, along with my Brother Label Maker and make a large label " Security Recorder" , or similiar on the front. Anyone breaking into a small business or home, very likely has no idea what a DVR looks like. If they saw cameras, I figure they would look for the "recording device" and take the $5 VCR. On the Avermedias , I have had the hard drive cooling fan fail a few times on a couple of my installs. Does get a little noisy sometimes.

hey G22,

The eb1304net sata is all plastic bodied, really small and really light. It feels cheap when handled! I think this DVR will be ideal for being hidden as it has a front jack for an IR wire extension, 3.5mm it looks to be. Beware though, the power on LED is super BRIGHT blue and stays on all the time. u'd have to make sure it's out of sight or even put some black tape over it. The internal cooling fan is side mounted and is not "that" loud but it has jumpers to switch the fan speed from low/med/high. Mine is on med and again...it's not that loud.

hey G22,

The eb1304net sata is all plastic bodied, really small and really light. It feels cheap when handled! I think this DVR will be ideal for being hidden as it has a front jack for an IR wire extension, 3.5mm it looks to be. Beware though, the power on LED is super BRIGHT blue and stays on all the time. u'd have to make sure it's out of sight or even put some black tape over it. The internal cooling fan is side mounted and is not "that" loud but it has jumpers to switch the fan speed from low/med/high. Mine is on med and again...it's not that loud.

Have u seen and play with eb1304net sata + ?

sorry ak, i haven't seen or played with the sata+ in person. I believe the only differances are the buttons added to the front panel?

sorry ak, i haven't seen or played with the sata+ in person. I believe the only differances are the buttons added to the front panel?

U right buttons been added

I like buttons

Remote can and will get lost very fast

I have sample coming in few days

Thx

I just installed the SATA version of the EB1304NET, and the cooling fan is making squealing noises just after running 1 week.

I need to find where I can get a replacement fan. Anybody have any sources or part numbers for this fan ?

The supplier said I'd have to send it in to Avermedia, but it's working fine and I don't want to bring down the DVR because of the fan.

I just installed the SATA version of the EB1304NET, and the cooling fan is making squealing noises just after running 1 week.

I need to find where I can get a replacement fan. Anybody have any sources or part numbers for this fan ?

The supplier said I'd have to send it in to Avermedia, but it's working fine and I don't want to bring down the DVR because of the fan.

meta, did you try adjusting the fan speed lower or higher via the jumpers? See if that makes a differance. You could also just swap out the fan...unplug the 3 pin connector/remove the fan and bring it with you to a computer parts store or electronics surplus to match the size and voltage. If the voltage is not listed on the fan or board, i'd use a multimeter to measure the voltage output from the board first. Should be like 12V or 5V.

goodluck!

thanks.

I emailed Avermedia tech support and they told me a replacement fan was not available. argh!

Probably I can get a std size replacement as you suggested.

If I find one, I will post back.

def the fan it bad though...

the fan inside the Avermedia EB1304NET SATA is very hard to find.

Avermedia doesn't sell it as a part, and searching for the exact replacement turned up nothing.

So I am ordering a basic 3 wire 40x40x10mm fan and using the existing

plug from the bad fan. hopefully that will work.

The fan I ordered is Link Depot FAN-4010-B off amazon, in case someone is interested.

the fan replacement worked, but I had to splice the wires from the old fan connector.

now that I've gone through all this, I think the main problem is that vent holes in the case are too small and creates a lot of back pressure on the fan.

an easy fix to this would be to drill out the holes to larger ones or just cut out that section. but then it gets ghetto looking and probably will void any warranty.