crazydiamond

Geovision DVR and NVR 8.3 Help needed desperately BUGS BUGS

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out on a job I am trying to finish.

I have 3 machines all quad core and a dual core for the control center, 1 DVR, 2 Identical NVR's and a control center.

All PC specs are recommended and I have not had a problem with any previous install using these specs.

The problem I am having is with the control center and one of the NVR's

NVR01 has 7 external Arecont 5100 megapixel cameras

NVR02 has 15 internal Axis216MFD cameras

DVR01 has 12 analogue cameras

All POE, QOS and on a fast Cisco router.

At first I had 8.2 installed and the NVR01 was randomly restarting the NVR software!! So I upgraded to 8.3 and like magic it was fixed. Maybe there was a patch out for the arecont 5100 cameras.

I hooked up the control center and all looks amazing but for some bizare reason the NVR02 Axis cameras in either matrix or remote DVR jump around and flick on and off and it is doing my head in!

I have tried installing Control center 8.2 and the same fault occurs.

I have tried both, 8.2 and 8.3 on the NVR also with no luck.

I am at a loose end now and would really appreciate some help.

It really is a major problem as control center is where the client will view and playback all the footage.

All machines are running Web server and CCS and have VNC.

I can connect to each machine from anywhere with an internet connection so all ports and port forwarding is working well for remote access.

Thanks

Terry

Edited by Guest

I think I may have solved the problem.

I remote connected to the NVR and decided to check a few of the Axis camera settings through the browser.

I was amazed when I found that on the Image page, the resolution was set to 2876x33432 (not supported)!!! WTF!!

Some how geovision had changed the resolution.

I set them all (15) back to 1280 x 1024 and checked if I could make the fault happen again.

I tried everything apart from upgrading from 8.2 to 8.3 as its already on 8.3 and the cameras all stayed on the prefered resolution.

Only was I can tell if it is fixed now is to go to site and check. Fingers crossed, touch hairy wood and all that

That did not fix the problem, still a bug though!

When adding ip camera, selecting mpeg and not jpeg has resolved the issue, shame the quality is not as good as I would hope for but at least its working now.

Hey CrazyDiamond,

I saw your issue here...

Would you do me a favour...

Provide me the remote aceess in NVR02 and Control Center.

Please install Ultra VNC in both PCs.

PM me with your two PCs VNC information.

I would like to check your setting here...

Cheers,

Andy Chen

Thanks for reply.

This issue has been fixed for now by changing the cameras to MPEG and not JPEG.

Geovision were supposed to VNC into the machines on ports 5901, 5902, 5903 and 5904 but they never did.

I let Ezcctv know how I fixed the problem but its still a bug.

Ezcctv were very helpfull, Joss and Peter are great Tech support guys but unfortuanatly they cannot work miracles and fix the bugs

There are another 3 or 4 bugs I have found on 8.3 and feel like I am the software testing department for Geovision .

Another bug was the I/O box not functioning properly after an 8.2 to 8.3 update.

Software needs to be fully uninstalled along with all geovision drivers, files and registry entries. Then 8.3 installed fresh for this to work properly.

In backup, the DVR 8.2 machine does not backup with the correct time chossen in the settings through control center, its a minute out although all machines are in sync.

I will update the DVR to 8.3 and hopefully this will fix the issue but will propably create a new one.

There is an intermittent issue with PAP in matrix where you sometimes cannot creat a PAP view.

system is now working well, despite the time wasted bug fixing and on the phone to Ezcctv.

The Axis cameras not to there full potential due to MPEG and not JPEG but I can live with this.

Another thing I noticed is that if Administrator on Control center and right click on a camera and select "stop monitoring" this will stop the machines Schedule and start Monitoring. Then if you select "monitor camera" to start recording that camera again then the system stops all other monitoring.

I have disables stop monitoring and created a power user to resolve this.

Shame because it would be nice to stop individual cameras recording but still keep the schedule running.

Thanks anyway but there is no need to VNC into the machines.

Terry

did you do a complete uninstall ..... this means manually removing files because the GV-uninstall leaves a lot of old files on the system.

Geovision has lets say a poor track-record with upgrading. Just trying to fixed an upgrade on one system from 8.2 to 8.3 .....

I assume bandwith is sufficient (5Mp use a lot !)

Did you check if the camera setting (resolution, frame rate are still ok).

Otherwise check with support at Geovison.

Hi, Thanks for reply.

I discovered too that the software needs to be uninstalled and then the geo files an reg entries also removed to fix a few of the problems I was experiancing.

There is enough bandwidth to run a small country its a school and we have cisco POE routers which were setup by a good firm that enabled QOS and our own unique network that is seperate from the schools ip range.

No problems with bandwidth.

The Axis cameras are 1.3mpix

The Axis camera resolutions are now fine but something strange was happening with the NVR software effecting the cameras.

had another bug/problem where one of the NVR's software terminates at 07:04 on the dot, 2 days in a row

Checked logs and also windows for errors and found nothing!

Reinstalled software and will check tomorrow

cheers

There is another bug that Geovision themselves have confirmed.

The bandwidth control executable file develops errors and terminates causing 8.3 to close and sometimes not restart!! Menaing NO CAMERAS RECORDING!!

I have had to turn off Bandwidth control in both the control center and web services.

I noticed that when the service ran the cameras were jumping around again. Maybe all these hours/days spent on trying to sort this system out has been down to Geovision not testing there software correctly before release.

I am very dissapointed and we have lost money.

Dont get me wrong, I do really like Geovision but am starting to look into other systems that work out the box.

I hope they get to the bottom of this soon and release a patch for us.

I also keep getting errors with 8.3.

Despite Bandwidth control issue (the exe is actualy 8.2 version), i keep getting this error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!
Program C:\GV1480\GV1480.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

(see screenshot enclosed)[/code]

error.JPG.bc13813a872a8ba7e23714e66075493d.JPG

I also keep getting errors with 8.3.

Despite Bandwidth control issue (the exe is actualy 8.2 version), i keep getting this error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!
Program C:\GV1480\GV1480.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

(see screenshot enclosed)[/code]

Hi g00fy, I have the patch for this. Had Geovision working on my systems via VNC and they patched it for me.

Has been solid ever since (touch wood)

I reported the bug to Ezcctv and they contacted Geovision for us.

Can you do me a favour and see if control center service will auto start with windows and also see if it actually starts the Control center service and not just the remote viewlog, remote desktop and bandwidth control. This is driving me mad and is happening on both NVR's.

Actually, dont worry, I see that you are having the problems with a 1480 and not an NVR but I'm still curious.

We have kept our 1480 running 8.2 as really cannot waste anymore time and money bug fixing 8.3!!

Hopefully this patch will work with your 1480 too but I am really not sure how they have fixed the issue.

A work around might be to disable the Bandwidth control service/s on your 1480 system.

This is what I believe is causing the error.

What I done was to disable bandwidth control in the control center first and then in the webcam server too.

This stopped the error happening even before Geo applied the patch.

To be honest, I have not re-enabled the bandwidth control service since, due to the fear of another crash and more time loss and lost CCTV footage!

Who needs bandwidth control anyway?

If you want me to VNC into your machine and see if I can fix it for you then I would be more than happy too.

Cheers

Terry

Thanks for fast reply.

As for control center, it starts automaticly with windows started, and it starts multicam there, then control center and remote view. As for default services i have disabled Bandwidth controll, but it still appears to be starting with control center.(don't know why, in previous installation i had problem with this exe throwing exceptions)

Could you tell some more details on that patch Geovision made for you?

I was able to run Geovsion 8.3 without any errors (except that bandwidth error, but i didn't need that anyway) in previous installation. (both clean instalation with windows xp sp3)

As for my 1480, i have there 16 analog cameras installed and 8 free Geovision IP cameras. so this is a Hybrid.

Thanks for fast reply.

As for control center, it starts automaticly with windows started, and it starts multicam there, then control center and remote view. As for default services i have disabled Bandwidth controll, but it still appears to be starting with control center.(don't know why, in previous installation i had problem with this exe throwing exceptions)

Could you tell some more details on that patch Geovision made for you?

I was able to run Geovsion 8.3 without any errors in previous installation.

As for my 1480, i have there 16 analog cameras installed and 8 free Geovision IP cameras. so this is a Hybrid.

Hi,

No problem, Im watching this thread and have my Linux box setup to alert me of Email

Wish Geovision would give us 8 free IP cameras just for all the trouble we have had

With regards to Bandwidth control still startung with control center, are you sure its starting with control center and now webcam server? as they both use bandwidth control service.

To disable it from Webcam server you have to click on the Network button and then click on Web to disable the webcam server.

Repeat this step to start the webcam server again and it will then give you the config screen for Webcam where you can disable the Bandwidth control.

Also check your default services in the control center service (I assume you have a control center?)

The patch theu applied is in a folder on the NVR and I have not even looked at whats in there yet.

I will VNC to the machine now and see whats in there and also see if I can Email it to myself.

If its just a replacment of the NVR.exe then I wont bother sending it to you as you are using Gv1480.exe

Cheers

Terry

Hi, The patch is called 8310 and says it is for ip devices and is 106mb.

Its is not an Executable, its just the Common folder with lots of DLL files and EXE files.

I wouldn't know if this would fix your problem, but you never know what files are shared between the 1480 and NVR. Obviously I don't have a GV1480.exe in the patch.

I would contact Geovision or the supplier of your card and ask them.

Another thing to try is a reinstall of the software.

Run FBR first to backup your settings.

Uninstall Geovision through add remove programs.

Reboot

Remove all Geovision files from C:/GV1480 and C:/Windows

I also removed every trace of Geovision from the registry.

After this I reinstalled Geovision and choose a different location, i.e Instead of C:/GVNVR I reinstalled to C:/GVNVR8.3

You could install to C:/GV14808.3 or even C:/Programfiles/GV1480

This way I knew all files copied and all registry entries created are fresh and no old files or settings are kept.

After install, reboot and then run the FBR.exe created earlier, rebuild database etc and check storage, settings and anything else you think necessary.

Hopefully this will sort your problem out, It worked for me until the patch was applied.

Cheers

Terry

Wish Geovision would give us 8 free IP cameras just for all the trouble we have had

We don't have free IP cameras, we just use free 8 Geovision IP cameras licence that comes with 1480 card ;] this way you can use 16 analog + 8 Geovision IP cameras for the price of 1480 card.

So as for that 8310, it seems that there should be a new version of 8.3 8.3.1

I had contacted my suplier few days ago, and he said that there is only 8.3.0 version currently aviable.

Anyway what is funny, NOW when i get the exception, the program still works, and it even records the video. Strange things...

I hope Geovision will release the 8.3.1 version soon.

I would appreciate if you send me that PATCH file (maybe in to parts) just to have a look. then I might be able to figure out what is the cause of the problem.

As for reinstalling the system, Ive already done that, but no success.

Hi mate,

I knew you meant Free as in no extra cost, It was my attempt at humour.

We tried the Geovision IP cameras and really didn't rate them at all, we are using arecont 5mp and Axis 216MFD cameras (Amazing)

I doubt Geovision will release an 8.3.1 just yet, They are probably still bug fixing and testing before they release an Update.

They maybe release a patchto address the issues before hand.

Just out of curiosity, who is your supplier, I hope you have not purchased a fake card, thats why I ask.

Has switching of bandwidth control worked?

Do you use a control center? if so what version?

I will zip up the files and send them to you once I have them. I need to transfer them from the remote site to my PC via FTP and that means opening ports on the router etc.

I will look at the properties of the files and see when they were created and what versions they are to hopefully shrink the overal size.

When are you going to be testing this?

Terry

8.31 is released (we installed and tested it, solves a lot).

BTW The Geovison IP cam is not bad at all, it has only 1.3 Mp (very good colors) AND is extremely good at night (low lux and very IR sensitive). You just need a bit of IR and you get very good images at night. I can not get the same with an Arecont ....

8.31 is released (we installed and tested it, solves a lot).

BTW The Geovison IP cam is not bad at all, it has only 1.3 Mp (very good colors) AND is extremely good at night (low lux and very IR sensitive). You just need a bit of IR and you get very good images at night. I can not get the same with an Arecont ....

Glad they have released 8.31. They have been using our systems to test a lot and systems are very stable now.

The problem with the Geovision ip camera is, its only 1.3mp

The Arecont 5100 Day/Night produces outstanding Night images that are clear and crisp. I was blown away by the quality and we do not have any infra-red lamps.

If the Geovision IP cams come down in price then I would use them instead of analogue cameras any day of the week. Far too expensive for what they are, throw the software in free at least!

Where are you guys getting 8.3.1 from ? I called Geovision and they are telling me it won't be released for a couple of weeks.

Hope this may help. Two weeks ago, I UN-CHECKED the Direct Draw Overlay checkbox on the main configuration page. I have had zero errors since then. It was strange because the reason I tried this was because I would get a purple screen sometimes where the remote view of the cameras should have been so for me, this was an accident that solved both problems : ) If I have any more C++ runtime errors, I will post them here but I believe it is solved, for me at least : ) I HOPE I posted this in the right place?? Feel free to copy and paste, try, etc...and post anywhere needed to help everyone : )