Sam007

DVR rewind problem (keeps pausing)

Hello all, I am having a little problem viewing motion recorded video on my avtech dvr. Lets say i'm playing back recorded motion video and i hit rew x4.....the video will start to rewind but then pause for a bit, then continue rewinding then pauses again and so on. This happens in rew x4, x8, x16 and x32 however seems to get worse as the speed increases. The rewind is not smooth. Could this be a HDD problem? or could it simply be that the pausing is caused by the different motion recorded events?

Thanks!

Whick model do you have?

I do not seem to remember these issues, but then I may be to forgiving of the product based on it price point.

There could be some pausing if you have a series of 10 second video "pieced" together so that may make sense.

Hard drive issue would be based on the age of the product, and the style, or model of the hard drive.

Testing could be done with another hard drive to confirm this issue.

If the new hard drive recreates the problem then it is the series of motion that is pieced together, or there are hardware problems that would be unrepairable.

You could always do a hardware reset by opening the chasis.

Is the pause just a jitter, or does it hang for a bit?

I do not seem to remember a long pause, but a jitter would not be out of the question.

Are you bringing up video by time date stamp, or does this do this when you press the play button?

I am not really sure what you have going on.

thanks for the reply scorpion,

The model is the 761 and the HD is quite new, Western Digital Cavalier. I am bringing up the video by motion events and then rewinding. I have also tried just pushing play and then rewinding with the same results.

I think it could be the 10 second motion video clips pieced together causing the pausing but it is so random...sometimes it pauses for 7 seconds then 3seconds then 2 seconds, then 5 seconds...lol. It takes forever to go through a days worth of video.

Tonight i will try to record in continuous mode for awhile then playback to see how the rewind goes. I do not have another HD on hand to test at the moment.

I have never seen 7 second delay.

I could see how difficult it can be to watch video. Wow!

Can you return this to your dealer? Is it still under warranty?

scorpion, I tried the continuous recording for half hour and BINGO, the playback while rew or ff goes without pausing in x4, x8, x16 and x32.

So, the pausing was caused by the many motion events. This dvr pauses for a bit to "think" how to patch the pieces of motion triggered video together hehe or something like that.

and while we're sorta on topic...is there anyway to increase the motion record time? I assume it's 10secs but sometimes it seems to be shorter depending on the type of motion.

I am not sure.

Try the ALERT section of the menu.

Alarm Duration (Sec)

You should be able to move this up to where you want it.

Let me know how it works.

I am not sure.

Try the ALERT section of the menu.

Alarm Duration (Sec)

You should be able to move this up to where you want it.

Let me know how it works.

right on the money! Thanks again scorpion