toughman

Will fluorescent light cause problem of camera?

I have a project and the only way I can pull the cable is along with the fluorescent lights.

Will the fluorescent light will cause problem? How come?

Will rg59 or cat5 make different?

Thanks!

Roger

I think I didn't ask the right question.

Can fluorescent ballast cuase problem if the rg59 is very closed to it?

Thanks.

Yes, it sure will. Any EMI or RFI generating equipment should be avoided at all costs when running your wire.

If you are using a cat 5 in the form of video baluns then the interference will be considerably less. The CMRR of the twisted wire plus the comparator should be able to shunt all noise off the line. It certainly helps, but it's never 100%. Coupled with the fact that I have yet to see a video balun that supports more than 400 lines of resolution (1mhz = 80 lines of res.) and you'd be much better off just running the wire around these sources of interference. Or, go to IP that transmits in digital.

all you need to do is avoid/seperate the cable from the light & wires going to the light by 1ft. The more distance the better. Most lights are hung/supported by wires...............use them to get above and over the lights.

if it's a low ceiling.leave the lights off

Thank you very much for all your info.

Some cables have to go along with the fluorescent lights and they will be very closed to each others about 2~3 inches.

I am thinking to use cat5 cable with baluns.

Does anyone have a better solution if the cable has to go with the fluorescent light?

Thanks,

Roger