slycye

sending video to pc dvr system and seperate monitor?

I have a 16 channel camera system i installed at a local mickey d's and i want to send one video channel to a seperate monitor and to the dvr system can i just use a amplified splitter or is there something special that i would need every thing is rg59 with bnc ends

i tried to use a regular splitter by putting f connectors on all the ends but it didnt work neither end would get a picture....the other monitor is an old monitor they had just for the crew to see the drive thru could there be a problem between the pc and the old cctv monitor

The proper way is to use a Video Distribution Amp, like he said. It splits the video but amplifies the signal back up to 1 volt p2p. Good DVRs will have a "loop" or "monitor" out. Just run another line from the DVR.

Most of the time, slackers like me just split the signal off the camera. Don't use a splitter like CATV guys use. It drops the signal too much. Use a T adapter. If using CAT5, I'll use little butt connectors like the phone guys use.

It's not proper and lowers the video level quite a bit. But if you're in a pinch and that cam is not critical for a great picture, it'll do.

thanks for all the help iv got it working now i think ill stick with the ip camera systems im used to doing for now on... but thanks to all for the responses