mjbanderson

Not Sure which addresses to enter... HELP!!!

Please bear with me... I am not the most savvy one out here.

I am having a fair amount of difficulty trying to get the DVR hooked up to my network at home. I am trying to figure out what addresses go where and my patience just wore out trying to guess...

I have the D-Link router EBR-2310

The DVR is Speco Tech DVR-X4/IP

I need some direction on what IP address, subnet, and gateway address to enter in the DVR and the remote viewer.

I have the DVR and computer both plugged into the D-Link router. Thats what my network is comprised of. Huge I know..

From what I have read about other peoples issues in this forum, I dont think I need to set up post forwarding to see it on just the network, but easily could be wrong on that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

-Mike

Hello Mike.

I know your frustration. And to add more insult to injury is if your instruction manual is as bad as the one Im looking at online, its pitiful. Especially the TCP/IP setup.

This topic probably should be in the networking forum, but I will try to help.

Im no expert, but I at least my dvr is working online.

My biggest problem setting mine up was incorrect instructions on the internet.

Look in your dvr and see what the preset IP is, if it has one, if not you will have to fill in the IP, Port, Netmask, and Gateway yourself.

What ever the IP is in the dvr should be accessible with your computer and a browser, just by typing in say something like 192.168.1.220:80 for instance in your address bar should find it even through the router.

Thanks 34Ford and seeseeteevee.

I am almost there now. Just one last hurdle I need help on.

The computer sees the DVR and the router has port forwarding on 8000. All is good there!

I have JM Integrated Remote Station for software using the 'Viewer' option for network viewing . When I go to connect, it says 'connection established,' but I do not get any video. The settings in the software only ask for the ip address and port, so I think that part is right since it says it's connected.

Any ideas on how to fix thix problem?

Thanks in advance.

-Mike

Mike,

Is that software made to work with that dvr?

I have that same issue with other client software that I have tried cause the Aposonic software that came with mine works....to some degree, cant playback.

Im having better luck using internet explorer and activex.

I just downloaded JM Integrated Remote Station and tried it out on my generic DVR and it gives the same error that you are experiencing...

The best DVR management software (inc. viewer) I have found is RASplus v1.9. It is available free to download from a few diff places... I just did from here: http://www.atvideo.com/Support/downloads.asp (you will have to register 1st - instant access).

Good luck!

You have to put in the ip thats on the outside of your modem thats given to you by your dsl or cable provider.

So goto ipchicken.com and they will show you the ip you need to use.

The best DVR management software (inc. viewer) I have found is RASplus v1.9. It is available free to download from a few diff places... I just did from here: http://www.atvideo.com/Support/downloads.asp (you will have to register 1st - instant access).

Good luck!

Is that possible to use software that is not specific to your dvr? I have tried different ones with no luck.

And the software that came with mine sucks.