scorpion

Marketing with Twitter (I have changed my mind)

EDITED:(I have changed my mind about twitter since the original post. You can find my new thoughts if you scroll down).

What is all the hype about Twitter?

I cannot turn to some news show without them babbling about twitter!

I have tried it, but I do not seem to catch the "bug" as others have.

http://twitter.com/scorpiontheater

I thought it was supposed to be addictive?

I am following Tony Hawk, George Stephanoupoulos, Ashton Kutcher, and David Gregory.

I cracked up when I read that Ashton Kutcher is tired of being "punked" by every customs agent!

I got bored following other people. I do not need to know what someones cat is doing every 5 minutes! Wow! Keep the potty time slots to yourself! LOL!

Edited by Guest

Thank You! LoL

Yeah I don't get it either. I frequently listen to Leo Leporte podcasts and that guy has been on a twitter kick since early 07. So I have been checking it out off and on for a while. I'm a news junkie so following some of the news tweets are ok. But yeah, I would rather read a persons blog with coherent sentence structure at the end of the day then get 10 whimsical but somewhat cryptic tweets all day long.

And I'm a big texter. I text/email probably 15:1 over making voice calls. I must just be getting old... But I'll follow you. Should be good for some laughs. Can't wait to read what you're having for lunch...

Am I supposed to log in every time I have to go pee?

If that is too much trouble you can just tweet with your cellphone. The number is 40404 (gotta register your phone first)

OUCH! Just read that Jennifer Aniston dumped John Mayer because he twitters too much! She said he claimed he didn't even have time to text her but turns out he was sending tweets every few minutes.

If you are spending your time twittering when you could be sexting with Jennifer Aniston you're nuts!... Unless of course you are twittering about sexting with Jennifer Aniston.

Maria Shriver is following me on twitter.

I wonder if Arnold is going to beat my derrier?

Yeah, I twitted about that. And you aren't following her? Wonder how she found you?

I think all the twitter hype is just that - the mass media trying to push some mindless crap on us - we dont need it ! Next thing you know you will be listening to the Jonas Brothers and reading Stephenie Meyer's books . Stick with what is real you guys ...

Damn!

maybe I should have used a different screen name!

Oooooh! That explains some of the posts I've read over there

I had to chuckle because I was logging in, and I saw "scorpion" in the box not realizing it was my wife's screen name!

LOL!

Scorpion......Witty, I don't think those go together very well in the same sentence.... not even in the same paragraph!!!!!!!

I really hate to burst your bubble, but that is wittle, and who is going to trust you with a good knife?

Well! That explains why my wife is always handing me a crayon when I ask for a pen!

You should see the look of people when I hand them a CCTV proposal written in crayon! LOL!

Well at least she is smart enough to know how to protect you, Hey Scorpion it is good to talk to you .

I have crossed over to the dark side!!

I have completely changed my mind about twitter!

I originally thought is was a fast way to communicate your thoughts. I believed based on other users that you just make a post of what you are doing at that moment in time.

I just thought it was stupid to read about the little trivial details in one's life.

Here is what I have learned!

If you are someone very, very famous then this works as your "fans" will want to know about your true day to day life.

What I have learned is that there were 50 people linking to my website based on my websites reports.

Whoa! I have found a new medium to promote my website!

This is very interesting! What I have done is I had about 200, or 300 people that I was following, and I had about 150 people following me.

I got rid of all of the "movie stars" and famous people that were not following me except a very few that I do want to keep tabs on.

I started looking for those on twitter who have a large following, and then I clicked on their followers, and now I am following those users.

I get emails in my regular email account, and I can keep this for several days to see if they add me and follow me. After several days I can check the date time group of the email, and if they do not follow me then I go to my twitter account, and I erase them.

When I add someone in, then they will get an email that says ScorpionTheater is following you. Those that are curious will look at my account, and see my posts, or they may click on my links, or see my website, and go there.

When I stop following someone I wonder if they get an email that scorpiontheater is no longer following you?

Now I have a large amount of real followers, and I follow them. Many of these are first time posters, and they appreciate that someone is following them. This group appears to be more "reciprocol" then other groups.

The ones that I get rid of are mostly large businesses that do not follow back, or they are teenagers. The teenagers are easy to spot as they do not have pictures, or avatars.

That does not mean much as adults have the same thing. I erase the adults too if they do not follow.

Now everyone gets an email that I am following them. After time I erase the ones who do not follow back.

I get emails where someone is following me, and I also get direct messages from people who thank me for following them, or they have a weblink to their website, or they have a link to somewhere that allows them to make money from that link. You can easly guess from the young attractive ladies in the avatars where some of these links will lead you so close your eyes on those!

There appear to be all kinds of twitter accounts. There are the survivor's group of just about every imaginable sadness, disease, and cancer. There are those Twitter account of realestate, marketing, social networking, and there are the news accounts from CNN to news bloggers, and then there is every imaginable hobby, and interest that you can think of!

I added a service, and now my account is on auto pilot, and I am gaining 100 followers a day since I made my new awarness, and took this serious.

Now I need to refine my marketing campaing all around to blend different things in to one mass media promotion!

Guerrilla Marketing at it's best! Just don't over do it! You can become the "spammer" of post, and people will soon bore with you, or your self promotion. Mix up your posts with links to your blogs, or provide "how to" post, or start a conversation, and let others chit back, and forth making your account more interesting, and worthwhile to follow!

What do you think?