scorpion

Marketing with Twitter (I have changed my mind)

Congrats!

I knew you hit the big time when you got too busy to reply to my tweet. I inquired about the job position... But then again I did try posting from my phone and knowing twitter it may not have made it.

Or more then likely I did it wrong.

I found it today when I was going through direct messages. I am bombarded with messages, and yours got lost as the others piled in.

This is why they say not to follow so many people!

I am hiring 20 commisioned based sales people. If you are interested in doing something in California, then I would be glad to work out something with you!

I would tell others to respond to the email address posted for faster responce.

Take care,

Here is a free application that I am using:

http://www.tweetlater.com/

It was free! I am using it to automatically send a DM (Direct Message) in my twitter account. When someone sees me, and they select me so that they can follow me then they automatically get a message from me.

I am thanking them for the follow, and I am showing them the URL to my website.

I get the first chance at "name recognition" if they pay attention to my Twitter account name. I get another chance if they so desire to click on my URL.

If they click on my twitter account name, and they go to my homepage then they see more info that brands me.

If they follow, and read my tweets then they see info, or they learn info that I provide in my tweets. I do not want to over do it, and I do not want to "spam" per say. If I self promote then I may get clicked to unfollow!

I do not want to be unfollowed! Now I have to come up with a way to promote my business name, provide education to the public, and provide a interesting place to learn, or read.

The application allows me to type a message, and have it sent at a particular time. This would be great to send some messages if I was tied up with a meeting, or if I took some down time. I do not know how this would best work for me, but I could do a prize giveaway where I can send it at a specified time, and then see which one responds the fastest. I can check my email account in regards to DM sent from my Twitter account. First one wins!

Interesting! Now I have to get the creative juices flowing to see how I can be dynamic, engaging, and interesting, and "win the hearts, and minds"!

OK! Now I have seen it all!

There is a yellow page for twitter called TWELLOW!

At least now I know I can be found now!

There is a thing called twit ad. If you sign up with them they place advertisments on your twitter, and they pay you money.

Hmmm. I will have to check this out!

Twitter's popularity spawns from all the self centered people out there that finally have a venue to fill that “look at meâ€

I agree.

What I have found is that Twitter has marketed this concept to the "individual" user. This is to generate as many accounts as possible.

What people are missing are the applications that can be used with twitter.

Everyone thinks twitter is the "hey look at me" when it really is an application tool that the end users are not familiar with, or do not care to use.

I can use an application, and I can have it search for "cctv". OK that was bad. CCTV is a China TV station. Lets use "video surveillance".

I now see all of the Twitters that have the "video surveillance" in the post.

I can see end users, and I can see distributors, storefronts, and wegsite sellers. I can tailor this information to what I am looking for. I can find new technology being discussed, or a problem that is starting to peak for a brand, or a product ect.

It is amazing how I can bring up 3 screens all at the same time. I can see my regular Twitter acount, and I can see my word searches, and the third column, and I am seeing it all in real time.

Communication that is instant, and it is in real time. That is cutting edge technology!

used it, and like facebook, cant stand it.

twitter is okay for perhaps gorrilla style marketting .. but there have been millins of other mediums for that since the time the internet started to become popular .. remember yahoo chat?? same diff, actually chat rooms are still much more user friendly, twitter is just sad.