destro_23

Can't get Remote Control to work!!

I'm testing out an Avermedia card for the first time NV5000.. i have it set up and web view set up... i can remote view live footage perfectly and it looks pretty good.. But when i go and try to review old footage from the morning(remotely) I click on the remote control.. it downloads the widget and all i get is a blue screen with the bar on the right side..

I have ports 5550 and 5555 forwarded to the machine and i can remotely change the settings..

just that the remote view of old footage is not working for me... Any ideas?

with my divis cards.. it takes about 3 minutes to figure everything out and to look at old footage is VERY intutive..

I have seen that problem once with the older version. I am currently using 7.5 Which I am not sure if AVer has it up or not but here the site I downloaded my software http://www.ilinkpro.com/support/downloads.asp?nav=support&pg=downloads. They have the most up to date software on all AVerMedia software and most of the time I get them before AVer USA.

Hope this fixes the problem, but if not then post the message and I'll try to give you more suggestions.

Sajaan

Thanks sajaan i ended up installing it, with newest software (not the cd that came with it) on a new box and it worked fine.. i think the CD may have had an older version on it.

I would check the remote playback on another PC. There may be something wrong with the OS. Or you can simply go to the "Program Files" folder and delete the RemoteAP folder and reinstall the Activex software.