aony123

How to be a good seller

I want to get your idea about " how to be a good seller"

I am a green-hand in the trade, it is too difficult to handle at the beginning, i confused all the things, and don't know how to find my first customer, if i can't find a customer in my probationary period , i will be fired.

So hope to get old stagers ideas!

Thanks

Rain Lee

We cannot give you advise as we do not know how your company operates.

I would tell you this. Find the person who gets alot of plaques, or bonuses, and appears to be the best seller.

Do what he/she does!

Do not feel bad as this is a bad economy, and there are a lot of customers who are not buying. You are going to get a lot of NO's!

What is the best feature about your cameras, or your DVRs?

Take this information, and let the product sell itself.

Cheap pricing is a trigger to get people to buy.

A great warranty, and a return policy will turn a lot of heads.

I would have you contact people, and if they do not buy then get them to know your name, and be friendly, then come back, and make a sell later

We wish you the best.

A few things:

1. A good existing customer base. Existing customers will tell their friends about you and the services you can offer. However, this goes far beyond your part. If the service from the parent company sucks, or they send a cranky worker, that customer will note that. Customer Service is paramount.

2. For new customers; you need to tell me WHY I need your service. This is an art. You can not appear "pushy", it has to flow towards me. Hook my interest. How much will it cost, including monthly costs. Is there any usual insurance discounts offered for the service. What benefits will I gain by this; example gas station "if you install X cameras to cover the pumps, if you have a drive-off you'll have video to get the license plate and car description, and video for prosecution. Since you can review the DVR, this means your employees can spend more time taking care of customers at the counter, and less time with binoculars and notepads".

3. You are working in a hard economy, people are down to buying bare minium "needs", and almost zero "wants". Then you are competing with DIYers with access to E-Bay. You must be confident, smooth, knowledgable, but not ****y or pushy, like I said, it's an art.

I want to get your idea about " how to be a good seller"

I am a green-hand in the trade, it is too difficult to handle at the beginning, i confused all the things, and don't know how to find my first customer, if i can't find a customer in my probationary period , i will be fired.

So hope to get old stagers ideas!

Thanks

Rain Lee

Your employer (if they are a good one) should be your first point of call for the experience and the tools you need to perform your role as a CCTV sales person. They should offer you training on their products and the general knowledge you need in designing a system, pricing it up and selling it. They should also be able to give you some direction on possible markets and end users to target for their product range. It is in thier best interest to see you achieve.

Gather information and experience from your work peers. Listen alot and talk a little.

Selling is a numbers game, get out there and see as many people as you can and build up a quote tank as quotes can take some time to convert to orders. The more quotes you have out there the more chance of orders comming, be prepared to work smart and hard. Do not be dissapointed with a "no" response, make it drive you harder. Always deliver what you say you will when you say you will. Always be on time for appointments. BE HONEST. and put yourself in the buyers shoes sometimes as this will help you know what they need without over selling.

Dont let the pressure of your probationary period overwhelm you. Wake up each day happy and determined to do your best.

China market is very busy, you should do well.

Good Luck, and welcome to the game...

From my own experience I can tell you few things:

1. Be bloody accurate. Always keep promises. If you said you will call back - then DO IT. If you said you will email something or send fax - then DO IT.

2. People do like to see things in life. If customer comes into office - do have some set up for real demo.

3. People do like when you visit them. It saves their time +you can see what they actually want(as 90% of people do not understand cctv/security things). When going to visit customer - take some equipment with you - show them, let them play with it. It works

4. Speed. Its VERY important. Nobody likes to wait. So try to process orders and deliver products in super fast time. It pays.

5. ALWAYS reply to emails. Whatever people ask or say or send you comments.

6. NEVER be rude to anybody.

7. Be honest. If camera is not high quality - tell your customer about it and let him decide - pay more and get quality, or pay less and get something in mid range.

8. Be ready to sacrify your weekend/stay longer at work/do some weekend work if customer wants that.

Remember - one satisfied customer will bring you some more customers. Best advertisement is word of mouth.

How to find customers? Well, ir you don't advertise, then you wont find them. Places where to advertise - local newspapers, local magazines, advertisement boards. Print some labels and stick them to your car/van/truck. Take part in some exhibitions. Spread flyer's into mailboxes. Ring some local companies who might be interested in your services.

Good luck