DanKiely

Issues with my Snet system help needed

Been putting a lot of time into my camera system. had a camera that didn't seem to respond. it was a sensormatic speeddome series. the majority of my cameras are sensormatic ultra domes. they are all running on Snet protocol through a jbox, model JB-Snet.

The speeddome was giving me issues. its wasn't always working, would reset, not respond, and then somedays would be totally fine. finally it stopped working so i pulled it and tested it in my office and it started working again. I double checked that it was set for SNET protocol as well. I decided to replace it with a ultra dome and see if that camera would have the same issue. It worked fine for a while and then it started to act up. presets won't work, i can't reset the dome from the touch track controller like i used to. it now points to the floor and slowly spins. I went though the ceiling and tried to make sure the line was solid but its a long run.

anyone have any ideas? Could it be signal degradation? I'm at a loss to figure this out.

What is the network configuration?

Do all the cameras have an individual plug-in at the J-Box? Are they "doubled up" at the J-Box? Does this camera "tap" into the connector on another camera, if so, how many others?

I know there is a limit in the tech manual about how many cameras and the distance for the different network configurations.

i have 8 ptz's hooked up. this specific camera is plugged into the jbox by itself. it does not share an input plug with the other cameras.

any idea where i can see the tech manual?

http://www.americandynamics.net has all the manuals listed in the "Support" area. There are a lot. But you can find a lot of good data there.

I am going to guess a short in the cable?

Have you tried putting this camera at a different camera's location? Just to try to isolate the problem further? J-Box output, short in the cable, bad CPU board on the camera, etc.

Just make sure to note the address or change it when you move it.

Have you tried putting this camera at a different camera's location? Just to try to isolate the problem further? J-Box output, short in the cable, bad CPU board on the camera, etc.

quote]

Yeah. I changed the camera and board and am still having the same issues.

hmm. It says i can have up to six cameras in the Jbox installation box. Currently I have 8. But I remember this camera being somewhat unresponsive when I had only three cameras connected to the box.

Would you happen to know if you can run two boxes with one system? I'm thinking the AUX plug for the controller might be connected to another Jbox and then connected to the controller.

Yes. IIRC thats what the AUX port is for.

I run a VM32 sending signals from the terminal box straight to local PTZs and a J-BOX, and the other terminal box sends data to a SNet->RS422 converter that sends data to two more J-Boxes for older domes.