F1X3R

Need Help 4Ch MPEG-4 NDVR, Remote View Help

Hello Guys, after hours and hours of searching internet i stumbled on this website, i hope this will be my last and final stop to finding some help with the problem i have.

I purchased from ebay a 4CH MPEG-4 NDVR Model :HD-665V

I cannot post links, so Please Check attached Pictures

This is for a small size church, to prevent some vandalizm problems.

I got it all setup and working, it has glitches and so forth, problems with 500GB HDD, but finally it seems to work.

I set it up with IP address and can get to the page with Remote Client.

I am using Vista Ultimate 64bit, In Firefox, Chrome and IE, i only get the Empty Remote Client Box (Please see attached Picture)

Nothing inside, i waited for Hours and it still keeps saying Connecting.

So after doing some research and reading manual i figured out that it needs to install some codecs. But on Vista in 3 browsers it doesnt give any pop ups.

So i got another machine XP Professional SP3, using IE i was able to get a pop up, to install "exClient_v200.ax.cab"

I hit install and I get Security pop up saying "Windows Terminated Program, Cannot varify Publisher"

I disabled All security settings that i could, Allowed all ActiveX to install.

I still get nothing i am at dead end.

1. If possible can someone tell me how to bypass all security settings.

2. Is there another peace of software or web program or page, i can use to connect to this DVR.

3. Or should i Throw it away and Get a good Network DVR that someone may suggest, under $300.

Thank you Very Much.

1789494806_RemoteClient.jpg.8c3c4ee56b0e809f2b42a1d8eb4f1cb7.jpg

M10-N1.jpg.50c186ec6798677101fae7d9e9003958.jpg

I am not familiar with your DVR.

It sounds as if Active X is your issue. Micros Soft Windows uses Active X, and so does this DVR. Other browser that do not have Active X such as Apple will suffer for not being able to connect to the DVR.

I am surprised that you could not get it working once you downloaded the

"exClient_v200.ax.cab"

You might have to refresh the page, or open a new browser to connect to the DVR.

One thing to check is what port the DVR uses. I did not know if you opened this port on your router, or not?

I would assume that you are using the internal LAN address, and outside of the building you are using the WAN address.

http://scorpiontheater.com/videonetworkingwithavtech.aspx

Well the problem is, When it tries to install ActiveX plug in "exClient_v200.ax.cab" windows security terminates it, so it never gets to be installed.

I tried disabling everything, all security options, it still does it.

I was doing this on the LAN, without going out to WWW, first got to get it working locally, I got the ip and port all proper, thats how i am able to view the page to begin with.

There must be another viewer, or software to do it?

Because even if i get it working on 1 pc, the other people who will need access to it, wont have me around to set it up.

It should be simple and easy, but its not.

There is no other software. Each DVR manufacture makes the software only for that machine.

As for AVTech DVRs they have 4, 8, 16, channel DVRs, and Various models, and then on top of that they OEM to other companies who put their company name on it so there are alot of machines that use the same software in the arena.

I would assume that if you used some "other" software that you would still have the same issue with security. If it blocks the one that you are using then it is going to block the next one that you use, and you are still in the same boat.

Does that make any sense?

I do not know if you are speaking of windows firewall, or a software firewall that has been installed, or if you are talking about one of the Security Suites such as Mcafee, or Symantec, ect.

Is there a "computer" person who can find the blocking offender for you?

This software that you are using would load on to a computer with no problems that was just bought off the shelf. Someone had to set up all of the security on your computer.

You said that the certificate had "Windows Terminated Program, Cannot varify Publisher" , but you ran the program anyways. Then is should work, and I do not know what security problem you are getting.

If the windows firewall is the issue then try this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283673 and scroll down the page.

What do you think?

Hello Guys, after hours and hours of searching internet i stumbled on this website, i hope this will be my last and final stop to finding some help with the problem i have.

I purchased from ebay a 4CH MPEG-4 NDVR Model :HD-665V

I cannot post links, so Please Check attached Pictures

This is for a small size church, to prevent some vandalizm problems.

I got it all setup and working, it has glitches and so forth, problems with 500GB HDD, but finally it seems to work.

I set it up with IP address and can get to the page with Remote Client.

I am using Vista Ultimate 64bit, In Firefox, Chrome and IE, i only get the Empty Remote Client Box (Please see attached Picture)

Nothing inside, i waited for Hours and it still keeps saying Connecting.

So after doing some research and reading manual i figured out that it needs to install some codecs. But on Vista in 3 browsers it doesnt give any pop ups.

So i got another machine XP Professional SP3, using IE i was able to get a pop up, to install "exClient_v200.ax.cab"

I hit install and I get Security pop up saying "Windows Terminated Program, Cannot varify Publisher"

I disabled All security settings that i could, Allowed all ActiveX to install.

I still get nothing i am at dead end.

1. If possible can someone tell me how to bypass all security settings.

2. Is there another peace of software or web program or page, i can use to connect to this DVR.

3. Or should i Throw it away and Get a good Network DVR that someone may suggest, under $300.

Thank you Very Much.

I am new here and was having the same problem. Your question and the replies nudged me to do some experimenting. I hope this helps you, too.

First, make sure you are using Internet Explorer. Other browsers do not play well with ActiveX.

Next, you will have to go to your Tools > Internet Options settings and pretty much tell Windows and IE to let ActiveX stuff run (or at least prompt you). After I made the changes, instead of getting the "...terminated, unable to verify..." error message, I got a prompt that sort of said "We don't know the publisher. should we run it anyway?" and I told it to run it. Voila!! I can get to the DXClient netviewer without running the software my DVR came with. Anyone with IE that is willing to change their ActiveX settings should be able to see the same display. After the software is installed, you should be able to go back to your previous ActiveX settings, since all you wanted was to be able to install the .cab file.

Again, you are limited to IE, but at least it works.

Diggs

UPDATE: There is a plug-in for Firefox that will let this run. Get IE Tab and "open a new tab in IE Tab".

Thank you for all your replies.

I am Using IE, but due to the fact that XP Pro Service Pack 3, has stronger security, The Windows it's self does not allow unverified publisher to run, and terminates the .cab file before it can install, and it doesnt give me an option to choose "continue" "Cancel" its just simple "Ok"

I Will try what you said Diggs and see if it works.

The Machine i was using doesn't have any firewalls, anti viruses or anything installed, except what comes with Windows.

What about the software that Allows you to view any IP Camera?

DVR Has an IP, so it can be used as IP camera?

Any Thoughts on that?

Thank you.

Thank you for all your replies.

I am Using IE, but due to the fact that XP Pro Service Pack 3, has stronger security, The Windows it's self does not allow unverified publisher to run, and terminates the .cab file before it can install, and it doesnt give me an option to choose "continue" "Cancel" its just simple "Ok"

I Will try what you said Diggs and see if it works.

The Machine i was using doesn't have any firewalls, anti viruses or anything installed, except what comes with Windows.

What about the software that Allows you to view any IP Camera?

DVR Has an IP, so it can be used as IP camera?

Any Thoughts on that?

Thank you.

you should be able to get the addon to install by going to :

Tools > Internet Options

Security Tab

Custom Level

set "prompt" for Download Unsigned ActiveX Controls

set "prompt" for Initialize and Script ActiveX Controls not marked safe...

that should allow you to install that plugin.

as for the DVR acting like an IP camera, probably not designed for that.

IP cameras save images for the software to grab via http or ftp, and probably isn't implemented, maybe, but probably not.

Thank you, The last option helped, after disabling and allowing all activeX controls to load, it worked.

I appriciate the help.

It just sucks that if someone is at work and they need to view it, they cannot, because most computers are protected and do not allow such modifications.