crazythunder

ptz needed

i have saved almost a thousand dollars,took me forever. i'm looking to get my very first ptz.i'm currently using a geovision 800 4cam card. the ptz must have a decent pan tilt speed,not 12 degrees a sec. i'd love auto tracking,but don't think i'll get one for a grand from what i've seen. would i be better off just hooking up a couple of motion sensors? i'd still rather have auto. i'd also like the cam to be day\night,with heater\blower. i live in buffalo ny and the temps in winter are very cold. the camera is just for my home\personal use. it obviously would have to be compatible with my geovision card,and i know i'll have to buy an rs485 converter. i'm also a little confused as to the type of cable i'll need to install it. most of the places i've looked into only sell bulk and i don't need 1000 feet. 100 feet max is all i need,if that. more like 50 feet. ideally i'd like the cam to have power supply included. i do have a power supply box for my other 3 cams. it's an 8 output with a supply current of 13 amps with a max of 1.85 amps per channel. not sure if this is sufficient as i know little about voltage,etc.

one last thing i'd like is a decent zoom,18x optical at least.

thanks in advance for anyone willing to point me to a reliable product.

I researched PTZ cameras for about 6 months and last January decided to get Microseven's Wireless IP dome hi speed camera. I have a review of it on the X10 forum, with pictures.

Don't know if you want wireless or not, but mine works perfect with my Linksys router. No lost signals. pixilation, breakups or anything. It's about 90 ft from the router, on my roof. No cables=VERY easy to install.

Mine was about 1200 with shipping, but it's the 26x optical version. They have a 18x for less than a grand. 12x digital zoom.

Both models are the same, except for the zoom. All metal construction, belt drive. endless pan, and pans 360 in 1 second. 180 tilt @ 160/sec with auto flip. Blower and heater. Built in web server.

1 yr warranty, lifetime firmware updates and tech support.

255 presets. Motion detecting, and patrol in the software. H264, D1 video.

Sony Ex view HAD rated at 001 lux. Auto IR cut filter for night time.

I also wanted auto tracking, but after reading a lot of negative reviews, I chose not to get one that had it.

3 months now, and I'm very happy with this camera.

Their cameras are on E-Bay, you can check out the specs there if you want.

view the auto tracking high speed dome camera demo,it isFCB-EX480CP

,the important is price is good.

Edited by Guest

i have saved almost a thousand dollars,took me forever. i'm looking to get my very first ptz.i'm currently using a geovision 800 4cam card. the ptz must have a decent pan tilt speed,not 12 degrees a sec. i'd love auto tracking,but don't think i'll get one for a grand from what i've seen. would i be better off just hooking up a couple of motion sensors? i'd still rather have auto. i'd also like the cam to be day\night,with heater\blower. i live in buffalo ny and the temps in winter are very cold. the camera is just for my home\personal use. it obviously would have to be compatible with my geovision card,and i know i'll have to buy an rs485 converter. i'm also a little confused as to the type of cable i'll need to install it. most of the places i've looked into only sell bulk and i don't need 1000 feet. 100 feet max is all i need,if that. more like 50 feet. ideally i'd like the cam to have power supply included. i do have a power supply box for my other 3 cams. it's an 8 output with a supply current of 13 amps with a max of 1.85 amps per channel. not sure if this is sufficient as i know little about voltage,etc.

Here i offer you a link of PTZ cameras.

1/4" Color EX-View HAD CCD Speed Dome Camera

480 TV Line, Horizontal

Night Vision

IR Distance: 330' (100m)

Signal System: NTSC

Lens: 2.5mm (WIDE) to 91mm (TELE)

Optical Zoom: 27X

Angle of View (H): 54.2° (WIDE) to 2.2° (TELE)

Pan Rotation: 0°~360° (Endless)

Tilt Rotation: 0°~90°

32 Presets

Metallic Housing

Weatherproof: Yes

See if this one will meet you needs...hope it can help you a little.

LOL! Really?

Here i offer you a link of PTZ cameras.

1/4" Color EX-View HAD CCD Speed Dome Camera

480 TV Line, Horizontal

Night Vision

IR Distance: 330' (100m)

Signal System: NTSC

Lens: 2.5mm (WIDE) to 91mm (TELE)

Optical Zoom: 27X

Angle of View (H): 54.2° (WIDE) to 2.2° (TELE)

Pan Rotation: 0°~360° (Endless)

Tilt Rotation: 0°~90°

32 Presets

Metallic Housing

Weatherproof: Yes

See if this one will meet you needs...hope it can help you a little.

WOWZERS. I would have to say I've never seen anything like that!