Livin

Decent Day+Night Baby monitor cam?

Looking for advise on an IP (wired) cam with decent resolution and frame rate. Must have IR (or easy to add-on).

thx for the help

Looking for advise on an IP (wired) cam with decent resolution and frame rate. Must have IR (or easy to add-on).

thx for the help

I Have Plug and Play IP camera with IR

IP Network Camera is designed with the "user-friendly" idea deep in mind. The user can install the IP Camera easily on his/her home network and then access the IP Camera anywhere in the world through the accompanied video management software- without setting some complicated DNS name or changing the router's settings. It's just a plug & play action.

sent me PM if u interested

Looks like the Speco InPro line has 6 cameras.

If you have one that matches something I'm looking (per my first post), then great, please post the specs. If you have a web link or PDF, even better.

If you don't want to post here then email me at

Livin

One

@

gmail

dot

com

just get the one from babysrus, youre going to want the audio and it has a button where you can kill the video but still hear the audio and then hit the button to see the video again when the rugrat makes a strange noise

i thought for a second about making my own with a cheap ip wireless cam, etc but then my mother in law bought us the one from babysrus, and its worked fine

good luck and enjoy your new or existing nugget

just get the one from babysrus, youre going to want the audio and it has a button where you can kill the video but still hear the audio and then hit the button to see the video again when the rugrat makes a strange noise

i thought for a second about making my own with a cheap ip wireless cam, etc but then my mother in law bought us the one from babysrus, and its worked fine

good luck and enjoy your new or existing nugget

I would but I want something that I can use over the Internet.

Many IP cams have 2 way audio so that will work just fine and I'm sure I can kill the video if I wanted to - turn off screen or minimize window

ah ok internet changes things, a lot of the cheap ip cams have really bad night ability, what was ur budget?

Plus most web cams have crappy video unless it is 12" from your face. This will be 8-10' away.

I want the far off family to be able to see the baby using IE or firefox.

I'd like to stick to <=$300 if I can.

ah ok internet changes things, a lot of the cheap ip cams have really bad night ability, what was ur budget?

Plus most web cams have crappy video unless it is 12" from your face. This will be 8-10' away.

I want the far off family to be able to see the baby using IE or firefox.

I'd like to stick to <=$300 if I can.

I'm soon going to have the need for a baby cam as well and was thinking about the Axis M1031-W. I'm not sure of the cost, but it's got 2 way audio, WiFi and illumination. The WiFi feature would allow for the camera to be moved around as required - that would be handy.

I only wonder if the light would be too bright?

Looks like the M1031-W has illumination -- is this the same as IR LEDs for night vision?

I Axis M1031-W is a great camera. The cost is $279 and it has a very bright white LED.

I want night vision, not to light the room... it would wake the baby

I know the human eye can not see the entire range of IR light, however can anyone confirm that this is truly safe, is it at all possible that this spectrum could cause a human Iris to stay open when staring directly at a camera in turn causing muscle damage to the eye.

I would certainly check this out first

I know the human eye can not see the entire range of IR light, however can anyone confirm that this is truly safe, is it at all possible that this spectrum could cause a human Iris to stay open when staring directly at a camera in turn causing muscle damage to the eye.

I would certainly check this out first

Your post is OT... and the camera will be 10' away from the baby... does not matter.

yes its not a good idea to blast a baby with cheap IR from ebay !

better off with a good low light camera and a small light the AXIS LED will be to harsh also

I highly doubt that an IR source 10 feet up and away from the baby will harm it. I'll do some research but it seems very unlikely.

Ask Rory!

He says that he his eyes have been affected by looking at IR over a period of years.

He says he will never stare at them again!

10 feet away will be ok but the indirect bonce sounds like a good idea...

or just wrap the baby in tin foil and wear a welding mask !

FYI to all the parents that are interested in mounting a camera in a baby's room but are afraid to use IR. I just installed a CNB D2965NVD in our nursery and I am extremely pleased with the results. The picture is clear in extremely low light (nightlight or just having the door ajar) and there is no need for possibly hazardous IR illuminators. Min. Illumination: Day - 0.3Lux / Night - 0.0005Lux. The only con to this camera is I wish it had a wider angle, 4mm works for viewing the crib but a 2.6mm would get the whole room. Great camera for a great price! Hope this helps!!