HSV

New to cameras, need help

I have purchaced the folowing( DVR card , wireless IRcameras X2 model #ws-212as , )and can't seem to get them to work even if i bypass the receiver & computer and go directly into the TV on the AV channel any ideas or tricks i need to know or how goo is my set-up ?

I have purchaced the folowing( DVR card , wireless IRcameras X2 model #ws-212as , )and can't seem to get them to work even if i bypass the receiver & computer and go directly into the TV on the AV channel any ideas or tricks i need to know or how goo is my set-up ?

if you have a meter, you can check the power isgood, at the powe board of the camera, and check that you have a video sginal, you can test this with a meter also, at the end of the cable where you are plugging it into the TV, 1volt.

Well, here's the problem

Those are what are called, cmos cameras, out of 100, 90 dont work. are there any setting on the camera?

Do you have a volt meter? Did you try metering the power supplies to make sure they are supplying proper voltage? Are you applying power directly to the camera and then plugging the camera into the A/V jack on your TV? Also, though it might seem obvious, is your TV switched to the A/V jack. Also how are you plugging the camera into the TV? Jumper cable or can they plug directly in without any adapter or other cable. As far as the DVR card, no link to where you bought it?

Better question

Does the software that came with the DVR card a

"PICO 2000" software???

Not familiar with this card, but seems your problem is with the cameras anyway. You should pick up a low cost volt meter from Radio Shack or whatever equivalent store you have nearby. I think they are about $10. Main thing is to make sure your power supplies are working. Are there any lights on the cameras that would indicate you are getting power? Most CCD cameras whatever their origin usually work. You should get some type of signal off of them, even a fuzzy one. Do you have a camcorder? First try plugging it into the TV to make sure you aren't having a problem with the TV. You can also try plugging the camcorder into the DVR. A digital still camera with video out can be used also for testing. Also you might want to check with Aus Pro who is here on the board. Maybe he is near you.

Ok i will get a volt meter on th way to work and try all you said and see if i got ripped of .

Should i get any voltage out from the camera RCA plugs and antana ?

Measure the voltage coming out of your power supply at the plug. Generally the inside of the barrel is positive and the outside negative. See what it reads, if anything. You might have defective power supplies (a common cause of camera problems). Does your power supply plug directly into one of the camera leads? Or is the camera only powered through the transmitter? If you have to plug your camera into the transmitter for power then you'll also have to check that plug for power in case the power isn't feeding through. What recourse do you have with the seller to either return the product or have it tested by them? Your first bit of troubleshooting is going to be with the camera itself. Once you can verify the camera is working then the next step is to work on the wireless part. After that the DVR. Each piece is a part of the chain of video. Power supplies, cables, connectors can all contribute to problems. Most of the time the electronics will work ok, its the mechanical stuff that causes most of the problems.