protecvideo

Quad with mulitple video outputs

i was looking for a quad that has one output that shows all four screens on the TV next to it. I then need it to have it to where it has another video out to send a single channel video of one of the cameras to a screen 100ft away. All I can find are 4 channel quads with a maint tv output to display the four cameras. Any links or model numbers i can check out? Thanks for the help.

The single channel that you want to feed to the far away monitor then I would have you do this.

Go from the camera to the Quad (multiplexor). Before you plug the camera in to the quad I would have you plug it in to this:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103065&cp=&sr=1&origkw=composite+distribution&kw=composite+distribution&parentPage=search

then plug one output to the quad, and another you can use to feed the far away monitor.

What do you think?

The term you're looking for is "spot output" or "spot monitor". I know I've used a couple different quads that have them, but I couldn't tell you a name or model off the top of my head. It's a feature you're far more likely to find on a multiplexor.

Short of that, you could do what scorpion suggests, although honestly, a simple T-adapter will probably do the job just fine.

Inexpensive way, connect "T type BNC" to single channel you want to view. One cable in one cable out. Connection should be Ok as long as it is not too far away from quad.

Inexpensive way, connect "T type BNC" to single channel you want to view. One cable in one cable out. Connection should be Ok as long as it is not too far away from quad.

Not a good idea unless you can shut off the termination on one of the monitors. Still would be subject to ghosting, though.

I ended up using this. Worked pretty good. Under $30Just incase someone runs into the same issue.

COP 15-VD12

15VD12COP - VIDEO DISTRIBUTOR 1 IN 2 OUT, W/ GAIN CONTROL PER CHANNEL

"A simple to use BNC video splitter amplifier unit with independent gain control per channel. Transmission ranges up to 300m. Excellent for use when in need of a single camera call monitor."