3RDIGLBL

IP Megapixel over RG59 "coax"

It may be because of a very early start this morning to go do a site visit but I could have sworn I saw on here someplace where someone left a link to a balun that allowed the adaption of an IP Megapixel cam over existing CCTV Analog RG59 cable. For the life of me I can find it but then again maybe I stumbled across while sleepwalking!!!

There is such a device right? I know I saw it someplace. Basically a customer has Siamese installed and instead of ripping everything out of his nicely finished house he wants to use the existing cables to upgrade to megapixel cams.

Has anyone used these before? What has been your experience and which MFG did you find lived up to the quality expectations of the right balun?

Thanks

The Highwire units I've used are 10/100, so they'll (theoretically) handle as much video as can be crammed over 10/100... doesn't look like they have a gigabit version (yet).

Can u tell us please what kinda bandwith u pushing with 20 Arecont

using Highwire adapter in total

Thx

Between 6 and 7mbs for 20 cameras. Usually 255kbs per camera.

Between 6 and 7mbs for 20 cameras. Usually 255kbs per camera.

Thx

I guess u getting few frames/sec and/or u running not in full Resolution

Right ?

One 2.2MP h.264 @ 22FPS continous = 255kps

Normal bandwith at this resolution and framerate using H.264 is 255kbs, sometimes jumping to 305kbs. In contrast we have one 2.2 megapixel MJPEG camera running @14FPS it averages 1500kbs.

One 2.2MP h.264 @ 22FPS continous = 255kps

Normal bandwith at this resolution and framerate using H.264 is 255kbs, sometimes jumping to 305kbs. In contrast we have one 2.2 megapixel MJPEG camera running @14FPS it averages 1500kbs.

bits or bytes ?