Sparkey

Connecting a An Tone DVR unit to the Netopia router

I have just installed an An Tone dvr 16 channel to a Netopia 2274 router on Eircom network in Ireland,but I am having problems viewing pictures over the net.

While in range of the wireless network in which the camera system is, I can log on and view them from my laptop, but when I go outside to another wireless network I can no longer get connected. I have opened the ports: Web Server- 1030, Video Port 5000 and Command Port 5001 in the router, but no joy. Can anyone help, please

Not familiar with that dvr, but is there a software firewall (windows XP/whatever OS firewall, or a third party one) in use, if there is, have you opened the ports in that also..

Thanks for your reply, not sure how to open ports in firewall. Can you advise me please. I am using o.s. windows xp on my laptop and there is a firewall on the router. Thanks

For the windows firewall just go to control panel > firewall and turn it off. So you have opened the ports but have you forwarded them to the dvr? If you are still having problems with this you can try a dmz.