xpod

16C Channel Stand alone DVR Advice

Hello people.

New to the forum so i do hope none of my question are tooo stupid seeming.

I`m looking for some advice on a stand alone 16 Channel DVR with networking,USB & CD/DVD rom.

The only DVR hardware i`ve had previous experience with are the Geovision GV800 type PCI systems.

The premises in question currently have an old Multiplex system that only records still images and has no networking abilities whatsoever although the 16 cameras(bnc) are already in place so it`s just a case of swapping out,mostly.

Just for convenience i was looking at the DVR`s in Maplins as it`s just along the road.I realize there are probably better systems for the same ££ but we dont need anything too fancy...Just simple to operate & monitor remotely.Saving Video logs remotely,as well as viewing them, would be good too,but not an essentilal feature.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.TIA

Oh....I`m also interested in a couple of separate spy type cameras that wont be used with the above DVR but would need to be easily hidden(within a smoke alarm for example) and viewable from an adjoining room.

xpod

Oh....I`m also interested in a couple of separate spy type cameras that wont be used with the above DVR but would need to be easily hidden(within a smoke alarm for example) and viewable from an adjoining room.

Scorpion has spy stuff on his website.

http://scorpiontheater.com

p.s. I like the hidden camera in the tree bark. LOL

Scorpion has spy stuff on his website.

snipped link

p.s. I like the hidden camera in the tree bark. LOL

Thanks for the reply & link Vin2.

The DVR is sorted as we just bought the one from Maplins after all but i`m still looking for the 2 extra cams.

I`m wondering if a couple of IP cams are the way to go here??

Wireless cams at the very least though i think.

Thats an interesting looking site though and i will certainly have a look through.

The tree bark is actually liquid nails pressed in to an oak tree. Just before it is hardened it is pulled out, and placed over a pelican case. Using an air brush you darken the "valley", and you paint the "ridges" with light colors matching the type of "tree" that you are using.

If you use a chain, then put a "sock" over the chain to break the reflections, and to make it blend in.

If you ever have to run wiring use silicone sealant to make "bumps" on the wire. From a distance try to make it look like a dead vine. Do not run it straight up a tree. "Snake" it up the tree like a vine would grow.

Straight lines draw attention to them in nature.

My favorite one is the fence post camera!

http://scorpiontheater.com/law.aspx